Maple neck solid body Greco LP models

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Venturaluisrene

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the forum and I would like a recomendation on what Greco model to look for with the following specs: I want it to be like a the 70s LPs with a maple neck BUT has to be a solid body model and not a chambered (hollow) guitar like I've seen that some models are. Thanks for your feedback.

If you mean maple neck and fretboard by that, the only model is probably the EG-650N made latest 1975 and you're out of luck - according to musictrade.jp it is hollow under the laminated top just like most other lookalikes of that era.

After 1975 the factories were increasingly moving to vintage specs and stopped copying Norlin-era guitars, which makes it unlikely that you find a high-grade instrument with these specs.

AFAICT up to 1979 and only on the EG600 and lower you'll find (usually 3-pc) maple necks but they have the laminated steam-formed tops, the 1980 -500 and -600s have mahogany necks. The usage of maple for the necks was a not very well-received cost-cutting measure that even Gibson had given up by that time.

Back