LS95S with nickel plated brass saddles?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
felixcatus said:
Little translation confusion here. In Belgium we name both brass and copper as copper, we differentiate it by color, red and yellow

Yes? Is that Flemish then: roodkoper & geelkoper?
Dutch & Flemish is 95% the same and in Holland we say koper (=copper) and messing (=brass).
Language is a funny thing indeed.

jacco said:
Yes? Is that Flemish then: roodkoper & geelkoper?
Dutch & Flemish is 95% the same and in Holland we say koper (=copper) and messing (=brass).
Language is a funny thing indeed.

You are right.
My mistake, I mixed up the words brass and copper, that?s why I wrote ?red? brass color in my first post.
On a Dutch translation site, when you search for brass you get yellow copper(=geel koper). http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/vertaal/EN/NL/brass
If you scroll down you?ll find the correct translation for brass (= messing).

-Brass in Flemish is ?geel koper?(=yellow copper)
-Copper in Flemish is ?rood koper?(=red copper)
Very confusing, but I think I understand it now :D . To make an end to this confusion I ordered a brass (?yellow copper? :wink: ) saddle bridge.

Heh I'm northern Dutch so maybe in the south it's same as in Belgium.
Did you only order saddles or a complete bridge?

marcusnieman said:
Good choice
+1 :lol:

Now I know why.
Bridge arrived today, I just gave it a test run. I didn?t expect much difference, compared to the standard bridge. Now I?m convinced, and not just because it looks good.

jacco said:
Now all you need is a locking kit for the TP.
Does it have an aluminium TP?

It?s all there. I've changed the tailpiece and studs earlier, because the studs were bend.
All Faber: bridge, tone lock kit and aluminum tailpiece.

Before you can put nickel on you have to put copper on that. That?s the same on STPs, Bridges, ........... first the metal like aluminum, brass, or zinc alloy, then the copper, then the nickel. So when playing the nickel away you?ll see the copper. Keep on playing and you?ll reach the brass. You can also see the brass if you put the strings away, there should be some yellow that you see then.

Cheers, ACY!

No, only the higher model number guitars got brass saddle bridges, when described so in catalogue. Lower number japanese guitars got bridges from Gotoh or P.W (same as used omn Gibson since about 2004) with hard zinc saddles, then it looks grey, when putting the string to the side.

cya, ACY!

If everything with that guitar is correct, that should be brass saddles underneath the nickel and copper, yes.

If you guys want me to grind my saddles, I will be happy to oblige. I've already changed it, so the original one is of no use to me.

The new one:
IMG_6899.jpg

IMG_6900.jpg

That looks nice!
Well I don't mind a little experiment with the saddles. We could determine if the hypthesis was right.

Okay, I removed one saddle and cut it in half. I?ve sanded the saddles in the bridge and widened and deepened the notches. The saddle plating is nickel , under plating is copper. Core material: not brass, my guess is aluminum.
009.jpg

008.jpg

I?ve placed a broken stud (core: zamac or zinc) there for reference.

Latest posts

Back