LS 60 Reborn on Ebay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hot Rod

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7333388071&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1

This one's real vintage!! Another bargain?? :eek: :wink:

Hot Rod said:
This one's real vintage!! Another bargain?? :eek: :wink:
Well, the auction hasn't ended yet, and as you know, the interesting part always starts near the finish... :wink:

togps said:
Look here at Ebay.com.
"Erfolgreiches Gebot: US $1.850,00
Angaben zum Verk?ufer: mackelchea"

I think I know this guy... :wink:

Well, somebody made another bargain on Ebay.de... 8) 8)

The baby went off for about 745.- Euro incl. ohsc :eek: :eek:

Greetings , Hot Rod

Maybe a bargain, but still a lot of money :-?

.. anyway I'm looking foward to this cool old guitar. It's me who was lucky tonight and scored :D

Good night!

theskywolf said:
.. anyway I'm looking foward to this cool old guitar. It's me who was lucky tonight and scored :D
I think you'll like it: almost mint condition, two piece back and plain top, original Gotoh pickups, hardly any fret wear - looks like a winner to me. 8)

Yeah, you scored 8) , congratulations!! But I'm a humble guy , one LS 120 will do for a while... :wink:

Have fun with that almost mint guitar!!

By the way, what happend with "Mackelchea" :roll: :roll:

Hot Rod

Congratulations Skywolf. I was watching that auction for the last half an hour. Not much action until the last 3 mins. Your lucky I just picked up a LS50 last month or I would have been bidding against you!! :wink:

You got a good deal there for what looks like a guitar still in excellent condition! and a case!! I didn't even get a case and mine cost a little over ?410, not in as good condition either but I love it :D

Thank you guys :D I will let you know more about the guitar when I will have it. At least you don't need pics any more as those pics on the auction have been very well made. I also had bought something from that dealer before and everything went very good.

I have a LS60 Love Rock from 1980 - basically the same guitar - and didn't pay much less for that without a case. It will be interesting comparing them as the one I already have has an uncommon bright sound. It's absolutely great for clean and dirty sounds, but too much for big distortion.

8) RockOn!

But I'm a humble guy , one LS 120 will do for a while...

Hot Rod, did you buy the 1982 LS120 from golfredo on ebay some time ago? I was bidding on that one, too, and was second I think :( :-? :)

theskywolf said:
It will be interesting comparing them as the one I already have has an uncommon bright sound. It's absolutely great for clean and dirty sounds, but too much for big distortion.
Maybe you should try a lightweight aluminium tailpiece on it.

Thanks for that. I often read about this lightweight tailpiece here, but never really thought about it - what is the effect of it?

theskywolf said:
Thanks for that. I often read about this lightweight tailpiece here, but never really thought about it - what is the effect of it?
I described it somewhere in my review of three LS 60s:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3703

In short it's less bright, more silky with richer harmonic overtones and a more elegant "zingy" attack to me. Another possibility is to top-wrap the strings around the tailpiece which may sound warmer with more "wood", but also less punch and/or "life". That's why I went back to normal wrapping on my Love Rocks.

And of course if the acoustic sound is OK, but the amplified sound isn't, you might want to do something with the pickups.

theskywolf said:
But I'm a humble guy , one LS 120 will do for a while...

Hot Rod, did you buy the 1982 LS120 from golfredo on ebay some time ago? I was bidding on that one, too, and was second I think :( :-? :)

..... :lol: Yeah that was me!! Happy, i did it!! Even the original warranty card was in the case! :wink:

Hi folks, I finally got my LS-60 and played it briefly. It looks really well and it does have a lightweight tailpiece. Maybe that's the main reason for the different tone in comparision to the LS-60 Love Rock from the same year. I'm going to change them to hear the difference. No problem setting it up properly. So it was a good deal!

Latest posts

Back