LS-120 1983, another one

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think, it IS solid, look at the picture above. You don't see the center seam, but I believe it is solid though. The only thing I'm wondering about ist the condition, doesn't look like an old lady... :wink: But the serial is also near to mine (sorry, doreo's), the pickups look the same. Very nice.

Kaze said:
The only thing I'm wondering about ist the condition, doesn't look like an old lady... :wink: But the serial is also near to mine

Hey, you should see my 1984 Love Rock gold top, I could sell it as being new :) .Even the original case is in 100% mint condition.

Mike

Lovely guitar, I just wish....

Ask for pics from inside the pickup cavities, front and rear
Post them here & the Tokai gods will speak!!!
......Listen son we have hear a............
No people here are really good to deal with and honest as far as they can be!

Kaze said:
It seems to be a sister of my former LS-120 which went to Ohio..:
http://cgi.ebay.de/1983-Tokai-LOVE-...08QQihZ007QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yep, they seem nearly identical, save for the different grain pattern of the top. Pick-ups, hardware details, neck, back, etc..appear the same.

It would be nice to see a clear close-up of the pick-up cavities, but I'd bet it's a solid top.

Very, very nice looking guitar, but I like the flame/grain on my guitar top a little better :wink: :D

BTW - I'm still working on a recording. I've been busy with a bunch of guitar tech work, and I just picked up a Vantage VA-820 guitar, and I'm going to pick up a Tokai TPB-64 bass tonight.
When it rains, it pours - but it's fun :D

If you look at the picture 6th from last it shows a side view of the pickup cavity and you can see the laminate quite clearly and in picture 7th from the end there is no centre seam visable at all. Remember a centre seam is a saw cut not natural grain and is always clearly visable on a solid top, i see no such thing here at all.....Cheers....Mick

Hmm, I'm not quite sure if you're right, to me it seems to have a center seam, look at the big picture of the bridge. And there is a good pic of the cavity where you can see a solid top. Mine looked the same on the sides, I think it's just some laquer dropping down. Well, I have nothing to do with this seller and I don't like his written style, too offensive, but it seems to be a nice guitar.

Hi Kaze, sorry mate i meant in that cavity shot you can't see a clear centre seam on the inside. I can see the seam on top ,it was inside i couldn't see it... :wink:

I just bought this. It plays wonderfully and sounds great - $2K seems very reasonable versus the Gibson reissues, it's semi-vintage already (owner is full vintage) and has some vibe. Need to find an original case though.....anyone?

Latest posts

Back