Let the healing begin!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was my first time...and possibly last. I can't afford to pay for unseen costs. Who can! I don't mind being slammed on this thread. It's all a learning process for me.

Hisashi's attitude of "you can't touch me because I'm in Japan" is his emails to me resulted in my post. Also, if one novice buyer got a clue from my partially bad experience, then my self-appointed quest is completed.

Chico 8)

I am sure this has all been very trying for you ChicoBluez.

You have gone from being 'wonderful to read opinions', to, being 'slammed', oh dear.

You have been given some very very good advice old chap, but, still, you don't seem to understand.

This discussion really did start distastefully by you, and, it is in your subject line.
Nothing wrong with having a discussion thread posted, but, that subject line you have is, well, bloody obnoxious mate.

Mick

ChicoBluez said:
Hisashi's attitude of "you can't touch me because I'm in Japan" is his emails to me resulted in my post.

Chico 8)

Kind of a cheap shot. In any occurance, 10% is the action itself. The remaining 90% is how you react to it. Do yourself a favor and shop at Guitar Center - otherwise like I said previously, chalk it up to experience. It's not the seller's fault - I've sold guitars abroad and never made mention of any duties or VAT responsibilites. But the buyers knew that they would or might be charged import fees. Is that MY fault too?

Granted, this was your first experience but you should have done your due dilegence BEFORE you pulled the trigger to see if in fact you'd be liable for any duties - a simple post asking that here on the forum would have given you the answer " Here in the states, sometimes you are charged, other times your not. Be prepared for either outcome".

Chico if you had bought a guitar from me and carried on like a cheap watch because YOU FAILED to do your homework, i would of told you to shove the f#@*&%$@ guitar up your A%#$. By failing to admit fault you are making a huge fool of yourself, and as far as this thread has worked ??? you've got to be kidding. You screwed up mate so get over yourself :eek: :evil:

Mick

PS Ned this bloke obviously doesn't get it, any chance of removing this thread. ??

theres still a lot of bad blood in the neighborhood because of the " can`t touch me..." attitude here...starts at the top and trickles down.
Don`t know Hisashi, never bought from him and don`t know the details of the exchanged e-mails but there are many sellers who now say they will delete bids by swindlers...evidently theres a lot of that going around now, and I don`t just mean on the web.
Maybe Yahoo Japan should post a swindlers list...hey!...nevermind.

ACY said:
...print warnings on the lighters:

DANGER COULD BE HOT!

I bought a packet of salted peanuts once that had

"WARNING: may contain nuts" printed on the back :-? :lol:

If you go to the extent of buying gear abroad you should investigate and Import duties while you're at it

marcusnieman said:
AlanN said:
I'm pleased to have met enough fantastic and intelligent Americans to know that the stereotype of being stay-home xenophobes with no knowledge of the outside world is a false one, but you're doing nothing for the reputation of your countrymen...

Hmmm - that's nice. Never heard that one before. Doesn't say much for your countrymen if that's your stereotype of us.

Of course stereotypes are ridiculous - they're fuelled by the media for a start. But hey, feel free to leap as long as you like to a conclusion and start your own...

Hisashi,

I was elated to see that your recent ebay auctions clearly warns buyers of possible customs/import tax. I thank you.

I doubt that any posting I created would tarnish your reputation. You are highly thought of and well respected on this site. I offer an apology for the extreme measure of presenting my point of view.

Please forgive me and thank you for the wonderful SG-75 I will treasure always.

Chico 8)

Your sin wasn't expressing your opinion, it was that you blame someone else for what is clearly a failure on your part to do due diligence.

Haha. I like Chico.

It was indeed your point of view, but you seem to have taken it to the extreme, or at least the rest the the regular posters think that.

It may well just have been your point of view. Points of view differ right?

Glad to see you recognised Hisashi.

Can I request that you change the post title or at least request that it is changed? Point of view or not, the title gives the impression that Hisashi has not obliged your request.

:oops: Eh..... having just noticed the new title, forget that last bit! :wink:

perhaps I said this 3 pages ago:

hisashi == kosher.

Don't know if he likes israelis. But I still trust them more then I do the average japanese.

kmarccoco said:
Chico apologized.. Thats respectable.
agreed. even though the can`t touch me comment was uncalled for, it`s not at all unusual here. as a blue eyed fair skinned foreigner things are different for me ...expats from other Asian countries have it much worse I`m told.

Hi all, SO after all that ranting from Chico you believe everything he says. If the "you can't touch me" story came into the correspondences it may have been something to do with being threatened with being bad mouthed to "e-bay the tokai registry and 23 other guitar related sites". I personaly have had quite a bit to do with Hisashi and have found him to be honest and very informative and extremely helpful on the other hand i don't know Chico at all, so i know who i believe. I find it disgraceful that some ill informed beginner can come onto this site and several others and discredit someone that easily simply because he had no idea of what he was doing in the first place. I personaly think this forum is an excellent place full of very informative and helpful people, lets keep it like that.

Cheers Mick

PS if you have a bad experience by all means let us know but make sure you give us both sides of the story. :wink:

Moderators...Thank you for allowing my initial post and this thread to continue.

It is highly evident that membership to the Tokai Registry is not based on who you are, who you think you are, how many Tokai guitars you own/sell, or how many times you post on this site. Rather, all are welcomed to explore, exchange, support, and RANT their humble/not so humble opinions and concerns.

Chico 8)

Latest posts

Back