KORENA

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boris59

Reaction score
has anybody one this forum buy or try a sg 45Korena ??

please , i must know if it's possible to have it in black ,
it's written on the advertissement , but tokai answer me that there are black korena only for left player ,

what can i do ??

is this guitar a good instrument if i change a pickguard for a classic 57' ?? godd for concert ?

thanks

Hey Boris,

are you sure that this is the colour Korina or the wood? I don't expect a korean made instrument to be built of Korina. So, a SG45(43 or 48???) is available only in red? The sg-48 is the lefthand version

I have to admit that I havn't found a black Tokai Korea SG (SG43/48 ) on the web, but many black SG35 and a few black SG60/70.

sorry
Martin

this is the guitar that u are reffering to isnt it???

usg-korena.jpg

well acording to www.tokai-guitars.co.uk this guitar is available in cherry, black, or korena.. and the RRP is ?299...

i havent personally tried one out and i dont know if these guitars are MIJ or MIK???

i only really have experience with Tokais Love Rock line of guitars..

what i can say about them is that i tried out a couple of MIJ ones which all played and sounded fantastic, and each MIJ Love Rock i tried even though they were the same models had a different feel and sound to each other..

the couple of MIK Love Rocks(i only tried out 2) i tried just couldnt be compared to the Japanese models.. the Korean Tokai's are built with cheaper materials which make them inferior to there Japanese counterparts....

so if the Love Rocks are anything to go by then i would definetly stay clear of the Korean ones and get yourself a nice Japanese Tokai SG...

hope that helps u out man....

From Dav

i am having a wild guess here but i would say that the USG Korena is Korean built not Japanese... i could be wrong there will be someone around on this forums that will know for certain whether or not they are MIK or MIJ....

From Dav

Back