Just got an ES130 from Ishibashi -- but there are issues

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TUNAFREAK said:
My big gripe with Tokai is shipping guitars before that finish cures.

All two-pack finishes cure in less than 72 hours. It's all down to a chemical reaction between the base and catalyst. You can't argue with that.

Single packs cure in a lot less (nitro finishes). They'd do well to ship before the 'finish cures' mate. :eek:

TUNAFREAK said:
I have been to Japan, cleanest country on earth. My wife is Chinese And I have a great looking daughter at 17. Never underestimate these people in any way, shape or form. They are very, very intelligent and sometimes introverted, but they are very loyal to familly and freinds. But once they get here thet do very well and of course like everybody else, they act like any other American. I have nothing but respect to the Orientals race and their cultures. And yes my Wife can kick my butt!

Mark :wink:

Ahem. *shakes head*

So. We all need to have Chinese wifes and beautiful 'kick-***' offspring?

I'm gonna puke.

Deadman said:
My wife is english, white and from the North of England,UK.

She can kick my *** too. :D

Incidentally,my daughter is beautiful too. She's not Chinese, she's 9 years old and English. :D

I was living in Newcastle, UK and I really miss all women from there a lot. God bless the Geordie female! When I had to come back to my town it was horrible.

yeah right...shy, till they get a few Suntorys in them. I used to have those same stereotypes of Japanese but the country is changing. Yes I`ve met some real nice folks but I`ve met some that were much less than nice too...no different than any other country I guess.

I never met to imply a stereotype to them or any other race, but you are right, there are bad seeds in in every race. There are those people that will hate you for your skin color, hair color, you know the type, people who hate you for any reason. I just like to play my music, it keeps me sane. :D

tunafreak I was going to go for the ls-150 that mercman is selling, but it's not a good moment for me finance-wise, so I passed on the 150 and am going to wait until the summertime before I make my purchase...

not sure if it's going to be a ls-135 or a higher model though, because a friend of mine is selling tokais and he told me he can probably get a hold of a 380 with a discount... or maybe I can find one of those lovely ls290 plaintops at digimart when the time comes...

Wise move Bruno.

I'd never compromise myself financially for the sake of a guitar. I've got a 150 on order, but if I (like you) had the chance of a 380 later on when my finances decree, I'd wait.

I'm sure you've got a decent guitar(s) to be getting on with anyway. :wink:

thanks tunafreak and deadman, quite the truth, I realized I was acting on impulse, I've got guitars for now, so I'll save up as I can, and later on I'll eventually get another... for now there is no point in getting myself into a tight situation (money-wise)... the guy I know here in portugal is going to keep on selling them, because demand is high, therefore I'll probably order my next one from him and avoid the customs hassle (tunafreak better than anyone followed the customs episode on my ls145s, portuguese customs are terrible)...

So for some time I'm settled, thanks everyone for the help, tunafreak I'll waiting on some photos of the new tokai

8)

I got an ES-120 a few years ago with the same issue. Unfortuantley it's at my home in Canada right now (I'm in Korea) so I can't post pics. I love the guitar but the dark spots are too many and too noticeable. I was pretty upset about it considering Tokai's reputation and how much I researched into it before buying. But, being out of the country, it's pretty hard to return it. Oh well, the guitar still sounds sweet and my friends say they don't really even notice it. I just wanted a guitar that looked as perfect as possible to me.

Deadman said:
I've got a 150 on order, but if I (like you) had the chance of a 380 later on when my finances decree, I'd wait.

Is it a new guitar? how long do you have to wait for a 150?

Latest posts

Back