• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

JTM-18

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnA

Reaction score
My very own design (with more than a bit of help from Jim Marshall, and Nik at Ceriatone!) the idea was to capture the tone of a JTM-45, bassman-like cleans, and AC-DC crunch at sensible. but still giggable volumes, and I think I did a pretty good job! It's also smaller (will fit in to a Marshall 20W lead/bass style head cab) and a lot lighter too!

The amp put's out about 20W using 2 6V6's and runs fixed bias, you could probably squeeze 25W out of it if you weren't concerned about the life of the power tubes!

I've since build another using more 'boutique' components and to be honest they sound pretty much the same, but the new one cost far more to build than it would sell for so I'm hanging on to it!

Uses 3 ECC82 (12AX7) pre-amp valves, and EZ81 valve rectifier, and 2 6V6GT output valves

300 pounds + postage, I can re-wire for 110V if needed.

No head cab, but new JJ pre-amp valves and rectifier, and NOS russian 6V6's

DSC01761.jpg

DSC01762.jpg

DSC01763.jpg

Mick51 said:
No rear panel shot. Fixed or selectable output impedance?

It's fixed, but three seperate outs for 2,8 and 16 ohms, not much to see on the back panel, just the chassis, I'm trying to source a rear plate but no where has them.

Thanks for the comments guys :D

Looks great John!

John helped me with my 18w build - a very helpful and nice guy at any hour of the day! Great price on this one too... someone's going to get a pure-valve bargain :)

Mono said:
Looks great John!

John helped me with my 18w build - a very helpful and nice guy at any hour of the day! Great price on this one too... someone's going to get a pure-valve bargain :)

Thanks for the kind words Mono :wink:

Amp now SOLD someone did get a nice all valve bargain :D

jacco said:
Already?? Didn't even got the chance to think about it.. :(

It's typical, normally I have stuff for sale for ages, but I've had loads of interest in this one. I could build another to order, but I'm really busy so it would be 2-3 months wait!

2-3 months? that's fast, I'm building my TW for 8 months now and it will take probablly at lesat 8 months more :lol:

It took 3 months for the parts for my 18w TMB to come in, but then I spent a solid week building it. That's what summer holidays are for, I'm sure of it :)

More to the point John, where did you have that chassis and faceplate done? I've never come across a small JTM faceplate before....

JohnA said:
I think it was a fair price, 290 for the components and 10 for the 2 months it took to build :wink:

Labor is cheap overseas these days!

Cali Girl said:
JohnA said:
I think it was a fair price, 290 for the components and 10 for the 2 months it took to build :wink:

Labor is cheap overseas these days!

I was in Australia a few weeks ago visiting a client and they told me the low cost centres they use for work are India, China and the UK!

Back