Is this a greco super real egf-1000,or egf-900 on yahoo.jp

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojo hobo

Reaction score
HI GRECO LOVERS,
Saw this greco appear on yahoo.japan this morning, just gave it the quick once over like you do?But i was in a rush ,had to get to work?
Tonight i had a good look at it again and followed the sellers picture link,
http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n75637379

Now i am a novice when it comes to certain japanese mij vintage brands and in the past few weeks i have been reading up greco from the mid 1970s to late 1980s,reading and looking at photos of eg series pre 80,the super reals 1980 -late 1982,the mint series from 1982-1990?

Anyway to the point! is this a egf-1000 super real from 1980,going by the greco catalogue it has di mazios,feb,ebony fret board,

Am i correct ? is there any other features to look out for on high end grecos without looking at the catalogue specs!

How much do you think this might sell for or is worth!$$$$
I am right in thinking that the super reals were solid guitars ,not routed like the previous series eg.

MOJO HOBO

Without knowing the pups it's hard to say if it's an 850 or a 1000.

Juni41 said:
It will reach 2000$ max I think...

Hmmm ... I'd say about half that.

Juni41 said:
EGF1000 is rare instead of the EGC1000.

I don't know about that either ... personally, I've seen more Super Real EGF1000's than I have Super Real EGC1000's ? and I'm not just saying that because I'm selling an EGC1000. Not to mention, the EGC has Dry Z's. :D

It goes without saying that unless you really love old DiMarzios, the 850 is the much better deal.

CHEERS JUNI41, I am really starting to fall in love and see how fantastic the high end grecos are,really beautiful and the best construction japanese luthiers could manufacture,never been surpassed to this day!

I realised it was a special greco the first time i saw it,just wanted to be sure and ask the greco experts first,maybe give them the heads up on the auction :D if they had not already seen it first?
I have a real gas for a egf-1200 or egf-1000,but at this moment in time it is beyond me, I only just brought a love rock ls 80 1980 last month ....umm!if i sell my ? and ?...

Yes , i think it will go for at least 150,000,00 yen maybe a bit less if lucky,worh every penny/cent IMO ,

JUST HAVE TO WATCH AS A BY-STANDER THIS TIME,GOD ****! I REALLY GOT THE GAS FOR THAT BABY?

MOJO HOBO

I was speaking with my personal experience of course.
But I believe that rarity is not a question of pickups. ;p
I have see more EGC than EGF (on ebay, yahoo japan and digimart) that is all. :)

I'm realy not sure about the price.
Last EG1000 left to 71,985円 but was equiped with U-3000 pu.

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/120618138

And yes I own a EGF850.
PU-2 aren't such amazing than DRY but there are still very good pickups. ^^

Back