• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

HLS-360 for sale.... Pics inside!!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luis

Reaction score
Up for sale a truly special guitar from Tokai highly collectable.
Hibiki series were released back after Pacifix series were discontinued and are created to get as close as possible to vintage Les Pauls through some special features regular LS series do not have. Tokai use some special grade maple for the top and brazilian rosewood for the finguerboard, besides Honduras mahogany for neck and body, premium pickups avalaible only with Hibiki series and a very thin laquer finish(1/3 thinner than usual). Plastics like rings and pickguard are Philadelphia Luthiers ones to get more accuracy. ABR-1 bridge is a Faber one. A lower neck angle attachement makes the guitar ver easy to set-up.

Here are the fully specs:

Body : Hard Maple 2 Pieces TOP / Honduras Mahogany 1 Piece Back
Body Curve : Original 1959.
Neck- Body angle: 3'8 degree
Neck : Honduras Mahogany 1 Piece
Neck Joint : Deep Joint
Fingerboard : Brazilian Rosewood with some flame, fret edge binding
Head pitch : 17 degree
Nut : Delrin
Adjust Rod Cover : Original
PU : HM3 (The Fifty Nine Plus) x 2
Pots : CTS
Switch & Jack : Switchcraft
Condenser : Russian PIO(Vitamin Q clones)
Bridge : Faber ABR-1 / Aluminum Tailpiece
Finish : Laquer。
Case : LIfton style with a Tokai logo(aftermarket) pink interior
Very good condition.

Some pics of this beauty
http://www.fotolog.com/tokai80/

I am asking 1.995 euro plus shipping.

Hibiki just changed specs to lesser(regular african mahogany and Madagascar rosewood.)I am not able to find a higher HLS-360 on recent Hibiki catalog, so I guess they are gone.

I would accept a trade for an old ES-100/150 , Greco SA-1200 or Ibanez AS-200 adjusting values.

Hi Luis,
these certainly are one of the rarest Tokai models.

These Hibiki models are the equivalent of the Gibson Custom shop and even then very few guitar makers would re-introduce Honduras Mahogany AND Brazilian Rosewood together. Gibson don't. It's just too expensive.

If people will pay $7000 for a 1980 LS-200 and this has better wood and construction, maybe your asking too little.
As you say, they have now changed the specs so this combination is not available any more.

Peter Mac

Right Peter. Really diificutl to get a guitar with such special specs nowadays.
The guitar sounds and feels great!

Back