help with my EGF model

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leadguitar_323 said:
Poly finishes do age, actually all types of paint will age to some extent depending on exposure to light and sun.

Mick

+1

aged/yellowed poly on a Burny RSG
RSGneckpup.jpg

Yeah, I'm sure they do age some, just not a uniform bright yellow like the binding on mint collection ones do. I'm with Koubayashi on this, could be clearcoat and finish. I think they were trying to mimic aged binding. 82'EG59-70
P1010023-1.jpg

NWOBHM said:
Yeah, I'm sure they do age some, just not a uniform bright yellow like the binding on mint collection ones do. I'm with Koubayashi on this, could be clearcoat and finish. I think they were trying to mimic aged binding. 82'EG59-70
P1010023-1.jpg

Yupp. Just like most of the CiJ Fenders are rather yellow in the coat on the neck.

Most likely they changed the clear coat for the MC series and it also seems likely that they "spiked" it to make it look more yellow.

I don't have or had a Super Real with that yellowish clear coat but almost every MC has it.

MIJvintage said:
leadguitar_323 said:
Poly finishes do age, actually all types of paint will age to some extent depending on exposure to light and sun.

Mick

+1

aged/yellowed poly on a Burny RSG
RSGneckpup.jpg

Looks like my old SG Custom :D
As a friend nicely put it once (he knows nothing about guitars): wow, it is piss-yellow.

villager said:
and smoke...

Nothing beats a guitar that has spent 20 year in a Seven Star smoking Japanese guys' 20 square m apartment :D
Just can't get rid of the smell :D

Back