Help with identifying a Dry Z pickup

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wknight2 said:
I left any mention of your name out of my discussions, I referred to you as "the seller".

After I clarify a few things, I will not reply to this thread anymore. For the sake of the forum, please, lets keep further debates between you and I off of the forum.

Quote: "only a moron would describe the condition of the soldering as being evidence to not being an original pickup"

Others, who when presented with pictures, came to this conclusion, which I tend to agree with.

Quote: "It was YOU who chose to purchase the guitar outside of EBAY it was NOT me!!"

I can provide you with copies of the Ebay messages if you don't remember the conversation.

Quote: "YOU had that guitar for over 3 weeks"

True. I opened the case, the guitar was in great shape, it's nice-looking, it played well and sounded good. I put it back in the case. I didn't pull the pickups, or check if the back was 3 piece, why would I since the guitar was sold by a forum member? I batched up your guitar with some others including 3 from Villager. When the ones from Villager arrived, I made an appointment with the guitar techs, who also pointed out the items discussed. You are welcome to speak to them.

I don't think anyone would "clean" the back of $600 pickups to the extent that they are no longer identifiable. I asked opinions on this forum because, people on this forum own or have owned Grecos and/or Dry Zs. Their opinion has weight. The fact remains, not a single person has ever seen a Dry Z without markings of any kind. Sure, lots of speculation, but no one has actually ever seen one.

I don't need to persuade anyone the sale was fraudulent. You had 7 pictures of the pickups but chose not to include those pictures in the Ebay ad. Why is that I might ask? You said the guitar was 1 piece, it was 3. That alone is reason to take a guitar back or at least work with me, which you refused to do. Did you notice how Rupert handled a situation with a buyer who just didn't like a guitar? That is class. When I asked you what we should do, "that Ebay auction is closed because the item is no longer for sale" means "ha, your problem now".

Regarding my background, Paypal is within their rights to make sure the person filing a complaint is a reputable person.

Finally, the guitar being an EG1000 has even been called into question, I've been emailed some catalog scans and pictures that seem to indicate EG1000 customs were black, this one may be an 850 with an EG1000 sticker.

I will no longer reply to this thread, nor mention this matter further on the forum. You are welcome to email me directly.

Ed,
You may not be aware, but I am unable to log in as mickdal,
My reasons to post now
1. Actually thought I was kicked off as mickdal
2. Changed email address, unable to retrieve password, lost it, and after contacting Ned and a moderator here, unable to rectify it, although Ned has helped.
3. Obnoxious postings from member leadguitar_323, who has persisted in saying that I falsified the sale on purpose (that is defamatory to say the least) Oze says: I don't believe after reading back through the history of posts that Mick ever said that you deliberately misled anybody.
4. Furious that the guitar was rubbished by those who really don't know, suggesting the guitar is not real, due to a changed label, soldering joints, no serial or Z on back of pickups, another reason i was not interested to accept a return, MY BIG MISTAKE!

If you really would like to discuss this further, please pm me, or have your comments here, it's up to you of course.
So, in all sincerity my apologies for being stubborn, and I know that guitar is great, I would like it back, it is the best sound rock Les Paul I have ever owned, and I am sad that i did sell it.

At the fair price of what I sold it to you, including shipping.

Seems fair to me? But bloody late.
regards,
Mick

3. Obnoxious postings from member leadguitar_323, who has persisted in saying that I falsified the sale on purpose (that is defamatory to say the least)

Learn to read idiot, i said you misrepresented the sale {whether you meant to or not i don't know} and then failed to rectify the problem once pointed out, it never got discussed further because you never came back. Another thing smartie is that Ned, as a moderator can give you the password if you ask for it, you said that "you had been trying to log in to the account but were having problems", don't let the truth get in the way of a good story mate.
No one gets kicked without being warned and if you are as smart as you think you are you would know that. Well at least some good came from it, you finally have admitted what you did was wrong, could have done that in the first place mate and saved all the crap....... :roll: You would never have done a thing if i hadn't called you out . THE END

Mick

leadguitar_323 said:
3. Obnoxious postings from member leadguitar_323, who has persisted in saying that I falsified the sale on purpose (that is defamatory to say the least)

Learn to read idiot, i said you misrepresented the sale {whether you meant to or not i don't know} and then failed to rectify the problem once pointed out, it never got discussed further because you never came back. Another thing smartie is that Ned, as a moderator can give you the password if you ask for it, you said that "you had been trying to log in to the account but were having problems", don't let the truth get in the way of a good story mate.
No one gets kicked without being warned and if you are as smart as you think you are you would know that. Well at least some good came from it, you finally have admitted what you did was wrong, could have done that in the first place mate and saved all the crap....... :roll: You would never have done a thing if i hadn't called you out . THE END

Mick

More obnoxious remarks!
:roll:
The password Ned gave did not work! are u fxxxing nuts man!
BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT!
This is not about getting 'called out', who do you think you are? ....sherlock holmes......
Unfortunately, you have come along again, and done your best to have the last word, just as well you wrote THE END.... .....finally.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Still missed the point.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

leadguitar_323 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Still missed the point.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

....you so funny..... :eek:

Well, all in all, the outcome will be great so long as seller likes to return the guitar, afterall, the consesus here is that it's a ........ ??????? (but I knows what it is)

It has probably been devalued anyway, as a result of the comments made here....so lets see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back