Greco RS-1000 - info sought

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyC

Reaction score
Hi all
I bought a second hand Greco RS-1000 (I actually believed it was a RS-90) about 10 years ago. It is in excellent condition and as I no longer play electric I thought of selling.
However, I can find little info about the RS-1000 e.g. what years they were made? what is the difference from the RS-90 or RS-900? The serial number looks like 0 7983
Any history info would also be welcome. Thanks in advance.....

Attachments

• Greco RS 90.JPG
    Greco RS 90.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 0
Thanks,,, a good start - perhaps someone out there also owns a RS-1000... fingers crossed:)

1990 fold out catalog with specs for your guitar.

Naturally emits clear tone and rich full tone.

The body finish has been upgraded to achieve sound quality that exceeds its class. A full acoustic model that is mild and soft but still clear, and a semi-acoustic model that produces a bluesy tone. High- quality pickups that fully express even the smallest tonal nuances reproduce the body's resonance attractively, creating a rich, full tone. The D model has a tone generator that gives it a great look and sound. The J model is truly a collector's item that enthusiasts have been waiting for. Through careful handcraft work, this high-grade LAG model creates an extremely detailed and flavorful tonal nuance that fully brings out the charm of full acoustic guitar.

RS-100
BODY: WHITE SYCAMORE TOP & BACK
NECK: MAPLE 3PIECE
F.BOARD: ROSEWOOD.22F.314SCALE
PICK.UP: DRY x2
CONTROL: 2VOLUME 2TONE 3WAY-SW
FINISH: URETHANE
COLOR: BS. CH.PS
PRICE: Y100.000

cat_1990greco_foldout_012.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all
I bought a second hand Greco RS-1000 (I actually believed it was a RS-90) about 10 years ago. It is in excellent condition and as I no longer play electric I thought of selling.
However, I can find little info about the RS-1000 e.g. what years they were made? what is the difference from the RS-90 or RS-900? The serial number looks like 0 7983
Hi all
Any history info would also be welcome. Thanks in advance.....

That model is not well known so if you still played you'd be better off keeping it than selling it. I can find 3 of those that have sold over the last few years, they sold for 1k, 899 and 850. The first number of the serial number is the year it was made, and since they didn't make those in 70 or 80, it has to be 90. The difference between 900 and 1000 in the model name was the retail price of the guitar. 1000 meant 100,000 yen. You should pull a pickup and see what it is. Someone either took the covers off the pickups or swapped out pickups altogether. It would be too bad if the original pickups are gone since dry1982 pickups are great pickups

If you want to sell it, I'll buy it. Does it have a hard case?

Hi - thanks for all that info - very helpful. I do want to sell - its listed on Reverb with more photos https://reverb.com/uk/item/79282836-very-rare-greco-rs-1000-brown-sunburst
I'm in my 70's now and only play nylon string Spanish guitar. I need to pass on most of my electric guitar and make space! This Greco IMO is in excellent condition and is pretty gorgeous. It has a hard case which is a little battered but still functional (there are photos on Reverb). I bought it about 10 years ago and have kept it in the case most of that time!! When I geta moment I'll try and check a pickup. BTW I have it listed as 'Collection only' which of course limits my options. I am in process of selling my Tokai Les Paul and will be shipping that to Belfast, so I'm prepared to ship the Greco in theory...... which country do you live in?

Back