GRECO RANDY RHODES RR-55

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojo hobo

Reaction score
Hello folks,

Got this GRECO RANDY RHODES RR-55 today with my burny that i posted about in the burny section.
I was hoping that when i brought it that it was a RR-65 with DRY 82s,
I did a lot thread reading on here about the differences between the rr-55 and the rr-65.I decided it was a RR-65 because of the tuners being the same as an old post about the greco RANDY RHODES model,I guess i misread the post or most probadly the specs and hardware was always changing than from the catalogue specs,Throw the rule book out the window.
Thats what i love about MIJ guitars you never know what you have ?MORE FUN THAT WAY :lol:

P1000172.jpg

P1000173.jpg

P1000200.jpg

P1000206.jpg

P1000210.jpg

P1000202.jpg

Fujigen built 84,screaming 82s,Weighs a ton! Utterly fantastic guitar and sustain,I am slowly warming to customs ,just wish it had DRY 82s and that would make it perfect.

MOJO HOBO

Snap! I've got one of them too, fantastic Les Paul, unbeatable for the money I paid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPJl_9ImTF8

I too was disappointed when I popped the pickups to see that they weren't Drys.

With or without strings MIJ :wink:
Lets say she is bloody heavy,I know that becuase when i slung her over my shoulder my back was creaking like a old barn door. :D

I would say close to 5kg, I do not have any scales in my house so its a guess!

MOJO HOBO

Hi udo,i am not too sure,I did notice the frets are in rather good condition and are bloody big,I would say no ,They look to me original ,This model did not have fret binding as far i as i know ,Think some of the early models might have had fret binding coming out of the super real transition,Is that why you ask!

They look very similar to the eg59-60 frets,the greco i sold!

Was randy a midget.! :lol:

MOJO HOBO

grabbed that one today. :D It?s a lightweight compared to yours, i hope everything is alright with this guitar :p

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=110509354197&view=all&tid=0

Should be a RR-65, i guess.

Thanks russ!
If anybody is interested in acquiring a greco RANDY RHODES RR-55 in very good condition ,this guitar is now for sale and auction again on the bay...I am purchasing a new house and fees need to be paid,so this great guitar has to go,it kills me ,bah! bah!

Ships in a brand new gibson hard case as well!

If interested PM ......me.... :D

MOJO HOBO

Latest posts

Back