• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gear reduction! Tokai LS120, Greco EGF1200, Gibson R9, R7, +

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wknight2

Reaction score
It's that time of the year to sell off some gear to make room for new toys...
High res pix available on request.

1964 Fender Jazzmaster $5,500
Cornford Hellcat 35 Watt Combo $2749 (with bombproof road case)
1980 Tokai Springy Sound ST80 $1499
1991 Yamaha Pacifica 1412 Roseburst $1850
2007 PRS 513 10 Top Birds $2500
Gibson Custom Shop 1959 Historic R9 $3499
Mesa Boogie VTwin $325 <SOLD>
Atomic Reactor 112 18 Watt Combo Tube amp $325 <SOLD>
2007 Gibson Custom Shop R7 Murphy Aged with cert
1980 Tokai LS120 Reborn Old (bought from Villager last year)
Greco EGF1200 (bought from Villager last year)
Taylor T5 Red $1400 <SOLD>
Roland VG99 with pickup
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS5 $39
Tech 21 Trademark 60 $300 <SOLD>
Marshal Bluesbreaker BB2 pedal $49 <SOLD>
JBL Eon Power 15 $275 <SOLD>
1968 Gibson EDS-1275 Doubleneck $25,500 special ordered with all Jimmy Page features, walnut finish, 100% original and near mint, only one of it's kind ever seen. I have this on consignment with a Florida dealer at the moment. This is a STEAL, here is a link to a similar guitar at $28,500: http://www.frettedamericana.com/details.php?id=917&PHPSESSID=4ef6bcf58c68b3c801372fcd7f74cba9

1968 Gibson EDS-1275 Doubleneck
3852063983_b48b4ddabe.jpg

64 Fender Jazzmaster
3849407627_6a23a48008.jpg

Greco EGF1200

3318995131_842bb1cd23.jpg

1980 Tokai LS120 Reborn Old
3318998601_0859072fed.jpg

1980 Tokai Springy Sound ST80
3319015073_e003c0b197.jpg

2007 PRS 513 10 Top Birds
3319842096_79ce4ab55f.jpg

1991 Yamaha Pacifica 1412 Roseburst
3319011025_0819cfa7ee.jpg

2007 Gibson R7 Murphy Goldtop Les Paul
3319836010_f5f3bde193.jpg

Gibson Custom Shop 1959 R9 Historic Lemonburst
3319820582_9ab843335f.jpg

MIJvintage said:
**** Ed, selling the farm too ....................

I swear the stuff multiplies like rabbits! There's just no more room for new toys, and a few dates have made comments about the guitars taking over the dining room, living room, etc lol

can i see the pics of these and do you have any greco les paul custom??

Tokai LS120 (bought from Villager last year)
Tokai ST80

thanks! :D

SUSHI GUY said:
so whats your new toys this year man yamaha-man?? 8)

Well, the forum-related gear is ST100, EGF1800 and LS200. I have a friend in financial trouble due to the economy here in the US, who needed to raise cash by selling some of his gear, so I helped him out.

Anyone have experience with Rossingtons? I have a few Gibson-freak friends of mine who swear it's the best Gibson has produced since the 60s. Supposedly Tom Murhpy found a boat-builder who had an ancient lacquer supply that was used on these guitars, which makes them more resonant than typical. Any thoughts?

Links to album sent.

I do have a custom. When I bought it, it was advertised as having Dry Zs. But, the pickups are unlabeled. So, I can't guarantee they are Dry Zs. I have a few sets of Dry Zs lying around, but if I put them in, I'd need to sell the guitar for more than going market rate. So, I have to keep it.

SUSHI GUY said:
can i see the pics of these and do you have any greco les paul custom??

Tokai LS120 (bought from Villager last year)
Tokai ST80

thanks! :D

wknight2 said:
SUSHI GUY said:

Well, the forum-related gear is ST100, EGF1800 and LS200. I have a friend in financial trouble due to the economy here in the US, who needed to raise cash by selling some of his gear, so I helped him out.

Anyone have experience with Rossingtons? I have a few Gibson-freak friends of mine who swear it's the best Gibson has produced since the 60s. Supposedly Tom Murhpy found a boat-builder who had an ancient lacquer supply that was used on these guitars, which makes them more resonant than typical. Any thoughts?

Just one of Gibson's marketing scams to sell a few more guitars to those who already have one. They to the same with the R-series, upgrading them every second year or so (changing some small detail so it is a nanometer nearer the original) and then the "nerds" must buy the new one to cause it is more like the original.

In my experience the best guitars have no finish at all.

typically the kind of crap the guitar forum nerds will believe. Just as if the type of finish was going to change the resonance... :lol:

Koubayashi said:
Anything to say about the Jazzmaster?

Hi:
Bought from NYC area dealer who will verify everything is 100% on this guitar.
The front of the guitar has dings, but really not too bad. The worse wear is on the back, belt-buckle rash, as you can see in this picture. Genuine play wear, not done in a factory!
The 1st fret has a dimple under the E and B string, slight wear on 2nd fret under E and B, other than that, the frets are in remarkably good shape for a guitar of this age. No problems playing this guitar at all, the neck feels very smooth and broken in, sounds great, and looks cool! It's a very flexible guitar, not really sure why it didn't become as popular as a strat. The switches and rollers all work. Some scratchiness in the volume and tone knobs, but I'm told turning the knobs a few dozen times should clear that up. The pickguard is lifting slightly under the bridge. Whammy bar and case included. More high-res pics can be provided. Mint sells close to $10K, this is not mint, but it's in perfect playing shape, and has enough wear to look cool, but not to look like a beater.

Thanks,
Ed

P1080488.JPG

Koubayashi said:
wknight2 said:
SUSHI GUY said:

Just one of Gibson's marketing scams to sell a few more guitars to those who already have one. They to the same with the R-series, upgrading them every second year or so (changing some small detail so it is a nanometer nearer the original) and then the "nerds" must buy the new one to cause it is more like the original.

In my experience the best guitars have no finish at all.

That is very likely to be 100% true! The bit about Gibson's marketing I mean. And a Rossington is an R9. But...

A Rossington is also a limited number (150 total I believe) 59 Historic Replica model with a Murphy aged finish, it will certainly fetch a much higher price than an R9. As to what that price should be, I can't say, but during the boom the hyper-uppers on the Les Paul Forum had got to about $7500+ US on that model.

Here's one for $8500:
http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/member-classifieds/950-rossington-gibson-les-paul.html

And one that sold for $7000:
http://cgi.ebay.ph/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160344691555

mertzy said:
Price and year on the Greco if it's still available. And where are you located?

PM sent.

Hey, I'm from North Jersey too. Anyone else out there from Jersey/NYC? Maybe we should have our own NJ/NYC area Japanese guitar convention/get-together...

wknight2 said:
mertzy said:
Price and year on the Greco if it's still available. And where are you located?

PM sent.

Hey, I'm from North Jersey too. Anyone else out there from Jersey/NYC? Maybe we should have our own NJ/NYC area Japanese guitar convention/get-together...

8) ey edman, i now know your greco basicaly but seriously what could be your best deal of it after all? i understand all the conditions.......maybe about how much? let me know.......j

Hey! Guess what arrived in the mail this week? The Yamaha catalog!
Thank you very much for sending it Sushi Guy, I really appreciate it :)
Ed

SUSHI GUY said:
8) ey edman, i now know your greco basicaly but seriously what could be your best deal of it after all? i understand all the conditions.......maybe about how much? let me know.......j

Dropping price on Jazzmaster to $5,200 from $5,700
on PRS 513 to $2,299 from $2,499
on Cornford Hellcat to $2699 (with $$$ flight case)

QSC HPR 122i for $629

Back