• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Tokai Love Rock Limited Edition 2001

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldtop 57

Reaction score
Hello Community,

one of my very first guitars has to go - since I have my Parker Fly, nothing else gets played much, and I consider that a waste, as the Tokai is a real beatuy.

Ok, the axe: it was bought new in October 2000 and is one of the Limited Edition 2001 models (although it doesn't say so on the truss rod cover, the label that was on the guitar clearly states that) and has the following specs:

* 2 piece mahogany body
* set mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard
* massive 2 piece maple top (no veneer)
* G*bson LP-shaped head stock
* nickel hardware
* violin burst colour
* 2 Dimarzio Super Distortion dating from 1975 (!!) - I had them installed later, as I found the original MkII Vintage PAFs too thin
* Schaller security locks
* SKB hard shell case

I live in Germany and due to the high exchange rate US$-? the guitar is probably of interest only to Europeans.

Price is 650? excl. shipping.

questions welcome here or at goldtop57 at web dot de

Greez,

Oliver

some pictures:
DSC_7116.jpg

DSC_7115.jpg

DSC_7117.jpg

DSC_7118.jpg

DSC_7119.jpg

DSC_7120.jpg

DSC_7121.jpg

Lovely guitar!! You should keep it for the time you catch a look at yourself in the mirror wearing the fly and think "how much cooler would I look with a Les Paul" :D

@John A

yea, well, i still have a Gibson 57 reissue goldtop, which actually does look quite good on me. but as i am a skinny type of person, the parker fits me even better.

i decided that, in case nobody wants to buy the love rock, i will keep it and put P94s in, so I have a tonal difference to the other humbucker-axes i have.

but let's see.

cheers,

Oliver

leadguitar_323 said:
I play just fine thanks and my guitars sound great, i was commenting on the "i'm too skinny" to play a LP comment....... :p

Mick

Sorry...no offense. It was more of a rhetorical, general comment.

up again, as the axe is still - or rather: again - for sale.

i am looking for a tokai or epi elitist les paul custom in black, if there is anybody willing to trade?

price reduced to 630? OBO.

get in touch, if you need further info.

Oliver

Nice guitar these ones from Canada.
I asked about it back in the day(old forum days) to a Canadian seller .
Interesting serial number 6 digits.

Good luck on the sale.

Yes Luis, very interesting . I have a sneaky suspicion that this is an "unauthorized copy" You are correct, these are Canadian and funnily enough these were "supposedly" ordered by the same guy that ordered the "fakes". I am looking into this one and will report back soon.

Mick

Far too many discrepancies with these Korean "Limited Editions".
We're not on a "Witch Hunt" here...it's just that as we're setting up Almost tokai.com questions are being raised about certain models that we had assumed up til now were legit and it was suggested that we might want to research this particular model.
I think the question needs to be raised with Mr.Adachi.

Back