• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: 1992 Orville by Gibson Les Paul

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f5joe

Reaction score
DSCN0875.jpg

For Sale is my 1992 Orville by Gibson Les Paul LPR-59 MIJ guitar. Here are some details:

Introduced in late '92 thru '95. This is the top of the line reissue plaintop.

The LPR-59 has fret edge binding just like the original Gibsons.

Nitro finish. Solid, two piece top. Appears to be one piece back.

All Gibson hardware.

Long neck tenon.

'57 Gibson Classics original. Sounds fabulous.

Medium profile neck. Not boatneck or '60's.

Frets are virtually spotless. May have been leveled in the past, don't know.

Has bumps and bruises typical of old guitars. Most bumps along the bottom back edge of the guitar. See pics. Not abused.

Switch tip replaced due to breakage upon receipt. Replaced with same style switch.

Two tuners changed prior to my ownership. See D and G tuners. Replaced with matching Kluson style.

Has an average Epiphone type hardshell w/ flat top. Same case that I received the guitar in.

9.6 lbs. on my bathroom digital scale.

Perfect, low playability, 10's. Set up is fantastic. This is up to the standards of Gibson Historics and the old Tokais, imho.

Additional pictures here: http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z56/f5joe/1992%20Orville%20by%20Gibson%20LP/

Literally, one of the best MIJ's available and at a reasonable price.

Shipped/insured/PayPal'd in CONUS ONLY. $SOLD. If shipped west of Mississippi add $30.00.

Once she's gone, she's gone. Reducing the MIJ herd to a minimum.

Contact me via PM or at [email protected]

obglps6.jpg

Back