• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS 1981 Greco EG-700 Super Sounds

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wulfman

Reaction score
For sale is a nice old 1981 Greco EG-700 ?Super Sound?. This is situated just below the ?Super Real? models. The main differences are cheaper inlays and different pickups.

Price: $450 Canadian (which is about $460 US or 326 euro) + actual Shipping ($140 to US/CANADA, $150 to EUROPE) via Payapal invoice

5397451865_97c4342bf1_b.jpg

Features:
- Plain top, no veneer. Strange natural ?crater? visible behind the bridge is not a dent but in the wood grain.
- Large 58-59 style neck.
- Fret-edge binding
- 4.24 kg
- ?lacquer? finish (not sure if it is nitro or not, but it is not poly)
- Original wiring. There was some static in the pots but it went away after using some contact cleaner.
- NOTE: One tuner is changed to a Gibson, some of the pictures show the old tuner on there..

The guitar has a few dings and scratches and is priced accordingly. I am running out of room and need to sell a few guitars.

A slideshow is here with lots of pictures of the mojo-scars. Click the link to launch:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wulfh/sets/72157625930277040/show/

5398051564_cbe6937729_b.jpg

Price: $450 Canadian (which is about $460 US or 326 euro) + actual Shipping ($140 to US/CANADA, $150 to EUROPE) via Payapal invoice

The guitar will ship well-padded with a generic soft case.
Send me a PM if you are interested.

By EMS shipping, which is the quickest and fully insured it would be 13900 yen for betwen 7-8kg, or roughly $163 Canadian$/ 120 euro.

Cheers,

Wulfman

tommy,

i bought my last guitar from wulfman and it got here no problem.
i would suggest you jump on this deal before someone else does - they don't get much better than that :)

Yeah I do really like it. Are these solid bodies and are they decent enough guitars? I'm really looking for a LP I can take to places I don't want to take my Gibson custom shops.
I'm a big fan of chunky necks so this one looks like it ought to suit in that regard.
Do you still have the pickguard?

Tommy.

I don't have the original but have a couple laying around that would fit more or less properly.

It is a solid body with 3 pieces. 1 large centre piece and 2 side pieces, all oriented in the same way.

At the risk of venturing into the subjective, the guitar has good sustain and resonance.

I have an EGF-850 Super Real that is very similar in feel and decided to keep that one instead of this.

Cheers,

Wulfman

Back