First Tokai - 1980 Reborn Old

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baravettski

Reaction score
Hi all, first post and first Tokai here. My 80 Reborn old I got on ebay just arrived, and i must say I'm impressed. I'm not sure which exact model it is, but it has a nice 3 piece top in a pretty mellow honeyburst. Also has Burstbuckers in it, I just need to get the covers off those things. Super nice player, just the right amount of wear on it and sounds great. Can't wait to get it on stage and beat it up! Here's a pic from the auction, new ones coming soon...

844a_12.jpg

the top looks like a sample of birdseye, plain, and flamed maple tops.. very interesting

LS 50 huh? I was wondering what it might be...

Oh you know, I just like the no pickguard/no covers look. This thing has been great, it's all I've been playing since I got it, and I'm gonna bust it out at a gig on Thursday so we'll see how that goes. I'm guessing it's gonna be pretty awesome...

the ones that were on there were from burstbucker pros, and I got em if you want em. pm me if you want pics emailed or anything.

So sorry, I thought that were Tokai covers.
Gibby covers will not fit the Tokai pickups. Not 29 year old Tokai pickups anyway.
Thanks
Rw

Back