Explorer Dilema

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derby Ant

Reaction score
In my small collection of guitars I have a Tokai EX55 explorer, it's gold and was purchased from those lovely people at richtone.
In many ways I love this guitar, mainly for looks, it's just a little over the top.
The problem is I never play the thing.
My MIJ Tokai LP plays and sounds better (not a surprise) my Ibanez SA sounds better, plays a little easier and is more flexible and ergonomic.
My Kramer is almost as over the top visualy speaking, sounds better and is just so much **** fun (Floyds are a pain to set up but when you're playing cheesy old eighties rock they're great).
I hate the idea of selling guitars, I also don't like guitars not being used.
Sound wise it's got an SD Custom 5 in the bridge, which is great rhythm wise (nice and chuggy) but a tad thin sound when you head up the neck.

Why not swap it.
I'm sure that somebody on these forums is GASSING for an Explorer(not me..I already own one) and there just might be something that you've always wanted...e.g an SG or a Strat style guitar.
That way you'd both be helping one another out and you don't have to go through all that crap involved with selling a guitar.

Stereohigh said:
I might be keen on the explorer,myself
Well you can always make me on offer :)

Quite frankly I'd prefer to sell to one of you guys than some random ebay faffing.

Now another questions how much is a eighteen month old gold explorer worth?
If I do sell it do I return it to stock bits or leave the SD bridge pup in, the pickups uncovered, pushpull coil tap in and the schaller strap locks on?

I'm kinda thinking that I'm probably going to sell the thing :)

Latest posts

Back