Edwards LP Truss Rod Cover Question

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PoorMan said:
GPCarpenter said:
DSCN1949.jpg

8)

???

What's up with that?

That's not mine, it's a fellow's over at Harmony Central, the bell truss rod cover doesn't completely cover the route at the nut, but from a foot or two away it's not noticeable. I've tried it on mine and it looks fine. The routed area of mine had some light colored wood showing so I blackened it with a Sharpie. When you place the bell cover in place you really don't notice the routing. This fellow only used the top screw. The bottom screw was chopped off and the head glued in place on the TR cover...looks pretty nice. 8)

Nice.....did you do it the way shown in your original post (screw in the top, color in the light wood of th cavity and chop the top off the bottom screw and glue it to the cover)?

kherman said:
I used the Epi Truss cover.
Had to sand down the bottom edge a bit to fit.

edwardsguitarwq3.jpg

edwardsheadstockmc0.jpg

I ended up using an Epi cover also. I removed the text though (plain black now). Looks much better than the stock Edwards cover IMO.

I came up with a plan:
I got a LTS130 - sorry didn't post pictures - will do soon - and really hate the ghastly cover.
I like the idea of putting the Gibson bell shaped thingy there, but i don't want to see the routing - i really am nitpicking, but what can i do... So i can actually :D Cover the hole. Get a piece of shiny black plastic - a gibson pick is great for that - and cut it to fit the hole - be precise and use a file to make it fit nicely. Use a touch of glue and glue it to the cover and get the short screw fitted as well so it will look like it's doing something. Well see how it will work

Latest posts

Back