Ebay alert

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess Bob should know the answer but I agree the point is being missed, its not japanese, it sounds like he might have got ripped off himself.

jacco said:
Well it sold for 322 pounds to some guy who also bid on amplifiers & music books..

That's almost exactly what I paid for my Japanese Love Rock last year, though it was a bargain, they're usually over ?350.

Most Korean & Chinese Love Rocks sell for under ?200 on eBay. So MIJ price for an MIC guitar.

:evil:

stratman323 said:
jacco said:
Well it sold for 322 pounds to some guy who also bid on amplifiers & music books..

That's almost exactly what I paid for my Japanese Love Rock last year, though it was a bargain, they're usually over ?350.

Most Korean & Chinese Love Rocks sell for under ?200 on eBay. So MIJ price for an MIC guitar.

:evil:

I don't know - it's not all that bad. Fifty quid for the case, so the buyer has paid just under the new price of a Chinese Tokai, for a Chinese Tokai. As far as con-jobs go it's not the worst, and the chump buyer can probably live with the mistake and learn from it. Obviously this doesn't excuse the seller's conduct in this transaction.

In my mind they've paid about 120 too much, which is the amount misappropriated by the seller with his ridiculous sales puffs, lies about the origin of the guitar and refusal to accept the truth.

I mean it's not like paying a grand for a fake Gibson?

JVsearch said:
I don't know - it's not all that bad. Fifty quid for the case, so the buyer has paid just under the new price of a Chinese Tokai, for a Chinese Tokai.

I paid the same amount, a year ago, for my Japanese LS70, including a decent hard case. You can get a Japanese Love Rock for the money the buyer has paid the lying seller for a Chinese one. And you can buy a new Chinese one for only ?259!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tokai-ALS48-Premium-Lemon-Drop-Flamed-Maple-Love-Rock-/390226558197?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV

It's still obtaining money by deception, as you pointed out earlier. That's never acceptable.

Hopefully the buyer will come on here to check what he's bought in time for him to lodge a complaint with eBay. Then the seller will have to re-imburse the buyer his postal costs too, so he'll be out of pocket after the refund has been taken from his Paypal account.

Good.

Now this is an example of an honest eBay advert:

http://cgi.ebay.com/mojo-out-A-S-custom-Telecaster-Tele-/280547663856?pt=Guitar#ht_500wt_1154

No hype or BS, just raw honesty. And how many guitars do you see with a "nitro glucose yellow finish"?

:eek:

stratman323 said:
Now this is an example of an honest eBay advert:

http://cgi.ebay.com/mojo-out-A-S-custom-Telecaster-Tele-/280547663856?pt=Guitar#ht_500wt_1154

No hype or BS, just raw honesty. And how many guitars do you see with a "nitro glucose yellow finish"?

:eek:

It's pretty hilarious, this is my fav part:

when i got the eden blue brushed aluminum pickguard in the mail i hacksawed the **** out of it

Well the seller has managed to sell the guitar for a fair bit more than it is worth by lying about it, or giving him the benefit of the doubt, posting information he believed, but was incorrect.

Personally if I was going to be that dishonest I'd be doing it for a lot more than ?150, anyone want to buy the tower of London? :wink:

I thought the unhappy buyer of this guitar would have appeared on here by now asking "can anyone identify which model my new Japanese Love Rock is?". But nothing.....

Fantastic what more can I say?!!! A1++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Buyer:
Member ID cliveclive54

Who's gonna break the news to him.... :-?

telenut62 said:
Member ID cliveclive54

apart from how this transaction went, it can be a good player of course

telenut62 said:
Member ID cliveclive54

Thanks. I will.

jacco said:
apart from how this transaction went, it can be a good player of course

Sure, nobody is saying the Chinese Tokais are rubbish, but they're not worth over ?300 second hand! And Chinese Tokais should never be advertised as Japanese Tokais. Except by dishonest people of course.

Latest posts

Back