Does Tokai offer a 'clownburst'?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coolguy

Reaction score
I was wondering if Tokai offered a very very defined cherryburst on a high end maple topped LS model?

What I mean by clownburst: cherry burst with the edges very redish & clearly seperated from the inner colour.

Something like Dave Meniketti's old LP.
The edges look much redder in real life.

davec.jpg

Yes Marcus, it is one of mine. I got it barely used at a decent price. It is a good weight and the Tokai MKII pickups are actually pretty good IMO.

wulfman said:
Yes Marcus, it is one of mine. I got it barely used at a decent price. It is a good weight and the Tokai MKII pickups are actually pretty good IMO.

Real nice... mine is kind of red too for a VF model. The MKII pickups are nice, aren't they? Bought a set on eBay that are just waiting to go into something.

006.jpg

Coolguy said:
I was wondering if Tokai offered a very very defined cherryburst on a high end maple topped LS model?

What I mean by clownburst: cherry burst with the edges very redish & clearly seperated from the inner colour.

davec.jpg

Dave Meniketti's, there's a name I haven't heared in a while, Y&T are a great band, they are still gigging and Dave's playing is as great as ever!

JohnA said:
Coolguy said:

davec.jpg

Dave Meniketti's, there's a name I haven't heared in a while, Y&T are a great band, they are still gigging and Dave's playing is as great as ever!

I know, I saw them (for the gazzilionth time) play a 3h set a few weeks ago... :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W0iCAa361o

Clownburst in action! :lol:

Latest posts

Back