• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Burny RLG-50 early 80ies

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niko

Reaction score
Haven't posted here since quite some time, so hello again! Unfortunately times are a bit tough, so I need to sell some gear.

Up for sale is this beautiful Burny RLG-50 in cherry sunburst. It has a two piece mahogany back and a solid plain maple top and is a great playing Lester. Weight is around 4.2 Kilos.

front-whole.png
back-whole.png

Photobucket album

I've bought this guitar a couple of years ago from Nils (I think his nick here was Burny123) who wrote the Burny paper that is displayed on Villager's site, which is why there are pictures of this guitar in his paper as an example of an early 80ies RLG model. I am not sure about the actual year it was made in but I suspect it to be from 1983. The guitar is all original i.e. no exchanged parts, but the bridge pickup has been wax-potted.

It is an almost thirty year old guitar and so has a few dings and dongs as can be seen in the pictures, but overall it is in good condition and plays and sounds beautiful.

I would ship her anywhere but suspect that shipping cost etc. will make it unattractive for anyone outside Europe.

I am looking for 800 EUR plus shipping but am open to offers. Also if you want to see more pictures or have any other questions just ask.

Niko

The Strat and they gave me 2 Tele's which I sold as I never played them. I still have the strat though its an amazing sounding guitar and it's that strat that is all over my first cd. No matter if it was me or Michael Thompson playing it it was the Fernandes. But they changed distributors and the US distributor is the one that gave me the deal and so when they changed distributors he took my guitars back and changed the head stocks and put my name on the back of the headstocks which was a little alarming but they were his guitars after all. So they no longer say Fernades and that was his point. He didn't want me promoting their brand anymore. He was justified in doing it as he is the nicest person I know and they must have really burned him. Anyway... The strat is hard to play but it sounds better than almost any strat I've ever heard. Total vintage. So I'm confident they have made great P basses. But I'm also a Greco Lover now and confident they made great P basses too. I'm looking for an Alder body maple baord early 80's P bass. Or late 90's if they were making them good then. I just don't know what exactly to look for and waht to avoid liek I do with Greco Pauls. I've become somewhat of an authority on those thanks to you guys and everything I've learned buying them. I've bought over 10 by now I'm sure. I just keep buying them I bought 3 last month. LOL And they are all good.

Back