Burny LP Custom

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moosehead

Reaction score
Hey everyone ..I found this '84 Burny LP Custom online ..I don't have much of an idea about the Burny guitars ..can anyone give me some info on this particular guitar? ..like the guitar model, pickups etc and whether it is worth the money :D ..the seller has quoted it at about USD 560

I have tried posting some pictures here ..hope they upload properly :p

Try this out man. You can just drag and drop your photos into the box and then choose the resolution you want. It will resize and upload them to Imageshack with all the pertinent links. Then you can just paste em in here. I usually use the 19" monitor size 1024x1280

http://reg.imageshack.us/content.php?page=uploader

Nice mid-late 80's Burny Black Beauty Custom you have (Japanese made). They came with VH1's which were really a rebranded VH4 pickup. Hotter than the VH1's but still a nice sounding pickup IMO. Some of those also came with an ebony fretboard as well. I am tempted to scoop one up myself but the RR's one I had was a tank! over 11 lbs is crazy lol so I sold it.
:p

I cleaned up the pic for you a bit :wink:
Oh it looks like you might want to get a setup as well, that 1st string (high E) saddle looks a little..."off" :lol:

cf40cfad78.jpg

It's not an '84... I think they changed to the lightning bolt inlay around '88ish. None the less... MIJ Burny Customs are the best buy out their in my book (with original pups). What's the asking $?

Haha ah yes, the old confusion over a particle of possession vs a particle of location mistake :lol:

Actually I am pretty sure they started randomly using that inlay in 1985...my 1985 RLC-75RR had this inlay.

For $560 I would say DO IT!

Thanks for the replies .. for some reason the seller seems to have increased the price on this one ..now has it quoted at USD 610 or so :( .. I also came across another model of Burny LP .. a John Sykes signature ..which is about USD 640 .. what's your take on these John Sykes models in comparison with the LP Customs? .. let me know, and I'll try posting some pics of the John Sykes model too :)

I've just received the same one from Chingo:
320? + 70? shipping
Full mahogany body, 86-87 I think. vh-1 pickups I hope: gold backplate, big grey wires, 7,8k, ceramic magnets, and a marvelous sound.
I'll post pictures later.

Udonitron said:

Actually I am pretty sure they started randomly using that inlay in 1985...my 1985 RLC-75RR had this inlay.

For $560 I would say DO IT!

mmmm, I would respectfully with that Udo. The RLC's showed up first in the '82 catalog, and all the way through to the '85 catalog the pix were the exact same , all showing the original split diamond inlay (obviously cuz they reused the same picture). But in the '85 catalog, the RLC-65 and the LC-70JS show up for the first time, and both wear the split diamond. And the RR is still listed as an LC-70RR, not a 75 yet. I don't recall seeing a '86-'88 catalog anytime, but somewhere around here, someone posted a page from '89 catalog (not the whole thing :cry: ) showing my since-sold 3pup SG Custom, and by then, they had converted to the lightning bolt inlay and winged TRC.
IMG_1653.jpg

Just curious, why do you think your RR is from '85?

The seller has reduced the price on this one again ..really weird, but I'm happy :lol: ..although I have one question ..3pupLPC, your Burnys have something written on the truss rod cover ..whereas this particular one which the seller is currently offering, doesn't seem to have anything written on the truss rod cover ..has the cover been changed? ..or did the Burnys come like this too?

ahhh... good catch. No, I changed those out to Fibson - 'Les Paul Custom' truss rod covers. The older diamond inlay models I think all came stock well standard bell-shaped TRC's, adn the lightning bolt models had switched to the winged style.

Thanks a lot :) ..I have notified the seller ..will be getting it from him tomorrow :D ..I think I'll change those TRCs too ..will look more like a Gibson :p

Back