Breezysound TE80 ?V? neck.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

felixcatus

Reaction score
I can?t find any Breezysounds with a ?V? neck in my country, so I have to buy one online, sight unseen.
I?m trying to gather as much info as I can.

What I found so far:
-from the Tokairegistry: ?The importance with the earlier TST/TTE is that the model also determined the shape of the maple neck - 40,50,55 have a '58 U shape neck whereas the 60,65,80 series have the '54 V shape neck(which has a very similar feel to the Eric Clapton strat).?
-from a strat forum : The (E.C. strat) neck measures .860? behind the 1st fret and .960? behind the 12th. Nut width at the 1st fret is 1.675? (closer to 1-11/16? than 1-5/8?) and the neck is 2.03? at the 12th fret. It has a very slight ?V? that becomes a ?C? around the 8th fret.

What do you guys (who have ?V? neck Breezys) think?

PS a Baja ?V? neck suits me, anyone know if it resembles a Breezy ?V? neck?

Thanks.

i thought the bajas had the U neck? EDIT: ok so ignore that, they seem to have V necks. Maybe the older models had U necks? I think the one i tried had a U neck (though don't quote me on that :lol: ).

I haven't tried a te80 so i can't help there.

Hi felixcatus

I have a 1980 TE-80 Breezysound with a pronounced Vee neck profile, see link below:-

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8822&highlight=breezysound

It's not with me at present so I'll have check it out when I get back home.

What, specifically would you like to know ??

Regards

Chris

I have an 1981 TE80. Great sounding guitar, but the neck feels too skinny up high. I just measured it and it's 22mm at the first fret. I could have sworn it was only 19 or 20mm, but that's the V shape for you.

Thanks for the input, it?s appreciated.
There should be one on its way to me, shortly.

chrisheyes said:
Hi felixcatus

I have a 1980 TE-80 Breezysound with a pronounced Vee neck profile, see link below:-

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8822&highlight=breezysound
Hi, chrisheyes
I?ve read it, before I made the purchase. It was helpful, thanks. :wink:

Breezy has arrived.
As previously mentioned, the neck is not as beefy and has a more pronounced ?V?( compared with the Baja neck).

Latest posts

Back