Breezy Identification

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Attaching some photos of my breezysound. In case they don't come through, or don't show clearly, my neck heel is stamped 11 =9, and SN is 1019514. The body appears to be 3 pieces, and my bridge is/was chrome plated instead of gold.
I have not found a model number or code stamped anywhere on my fretboard, nor elsewhere. I also have not done my due diligence of pulling the electronics for codes yet (should have done so when I pulled the neck).
I find it particularly interesting that the logo, logo placement (below the string tree), and the style of string tree, on mine is consistent with the older models pictured above, but my serial number is quite an outlier. I'm not sure where it belongs, or if it belongs, in the chronology here, so my apologies if this is thread hijacking!
I endeavor to study examples like mine and the others here, in case I ever get the chance to purchase a similar or identical Breezysound, because this is easily the best electric I've ever played.

Interesting reading those linked threads! Thanks for sharing.

Attachments

• myheelstamp.jpg
    myheelstamp.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 0
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 0
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 0
  • mybridge.jpg
    mybridge.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 0
  • headstock.jpg
    headstock.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 0
Yeah, that other thread was created for the first Breezys made (i.e. 1979 into 1980) before they were listed in a catalog.

Yours is from 1981.

There was a small foldout catalog made specifically for the Breezys that came out in 1980.

Scan 4.jpeg

Last edited:
Btw, the logo placement is related to the era/neck being replicated.

Note in the catalogs that the 60s style necks with rosewood board have a different placement of the decal.

Ah, so would the necks like my TE55N be pastiches of the 50s? (EDIT: found your answer to a previous querent in this thread: Tokai Telecaster Breezysound 1982 Sorry for the redundant questions. Indeed a 50's style neck)

I decided to see what the electronics situation was like, and grabbed some photos of the cavity stamps while I was in there (attached).
bridgepup.jpgcontrolcavity.jpgcontrols.jpgneckpup.jpg

Last edited:
So your pickups are the originals for a TE55N

They are stamped TEB. TEA were in TE80 guitars and up as I recall.

The production stamps tell us a little bit about your guitar. It all matches. 11 = 9. That means it was made in November. The 9 seems to be some type of batch code. We still haven’t conclusively solved that mystery.

Really nice Tele.

It is interesting. What I translated says that in 1980 the TE55N was a 1 piece body.

By Spring 1982 the spec for a TE50/55 was 3 piece alder...

Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 11.55.58 AM.png
IMG_2456.jpeg

Back