Bacchus CLASSIC series?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keiyo is the factory and yes I think the name is yuta http://park15.wakwak.com/~keiyo/guitarPU.htm
The classic has an alnico PU in the neck and a ferrite ceramic in the bridge instead of Alnico. And the hardware is Zink instead of Aluminum on the classic. Also it's not there most pretty wood and I think only nitrous on the top. That's how they cut costs for the classic in those 3 ways. I'm not sure if this guitar is stock though as they said they would customize it for me. But I also told him I had dry Z's I would most likely be putting in. I'm waiting to hear back from them on that. And I tried to take some pictures but for some reason they don't turn out and it just looks like a cherry sunburst. It's a dark honey Burst. They took some pictures to send to me that are better than the ones I took but I can't remember how to post them here. I like the guitar more every day so this is a good honeymoon. :>) The neck is HUGE and I dig it. And my fingers still hurt a little. :>) It's good pain..

I know these aren't great pictures but they are the best I have right now. For some reason it comes out looking like Cherry sunburst on pictures granted it is closer to cherry than any HB I've ever seen but it really isn't Cherry. And the back doesn't look real it's so nice. I'm in pain thinking of what they are going to do to it installing the Ever Tune bridge. But I'm going for it.

IMGP3909.jpg

IMGP3907.jpg

Looks fantastic Mitch... love those plaintops. My Tokai LS150 is a nice HB but also looks cherry in photos (below). I think certain cameras and their settings pull more of the red out of the lighting spectrum than others. Also depends upon the lighting source.... incandescent is much warmer (redder) than flourescent or natural:

019.jpg

Your picture freaked me out at first cause I have almost that exact same rug in my studio. I was like I don't remember taking that picture. LOL Anyway yours is fancier wood than mine, mine is real plain which I like but I like yours too. I'm in love with this guitar. I only wish it was black but that one is coming next. The neck on his thing is MANLY. It's huge but it gives it SUCH a solid feel all over the neck. All notes ring out the same. It's really great. And my fingers still hurt. I'm thinking maybe in a few days they will get used to it. I'm thinking actually I'm going to sell everything I have and buy all Bacchus. So I may have a couple Greco's and hamer for sale and possibly a Burchette acoustic with Brazilian rosewood. I just wish it wasn't so difficult to play a Bacchus before you buy it.

Mitch Malloy said:
Your picture freaked me out at first cause I have almost that exact same rug in my studio. I was like I don't remember taking that picture. LOL Anyway yours is fancier wood than mine, mine is real plain which I like but I like yours too. I'm in love with this guitar. I only wish it was black but that one is coming next. The neck on his thing is MANLY. It's huge but it gives it SUCH a solid feel all over the neck. All notes ring out the same. It's really great. And my fingers still hurt. I'm thinking maybe in a few days they will get used to it. I'm thinking actually I'm going to sell everything I have and buy all Bacchus. So I may have a couple Greco's and hamer for sale and possibly a Burchette acoustic with Brazilian rosewood. I just wish it wasn't so difficult to play a Bacchus before you buy it.

Big neck as in a 59 or R9 type neck? The Tokai has a pretty chunky neck but more along the lines of an R8 or 58 profile.

I'm really jonesing for one of those Bacchus Classics.... never played a Bacchus Les Paul but if they're anything like their vintage series Strats in terms of build quality and tone, I'm in.....

I don't remember it's been too long since I sold my 59. I have a Greco super real Jr and it's about the same as that but I would say slightly flatter and slightly deeper. The Greco is a VERY bright guitar. The Bacchus is much deeper sounding acoustically. As well as plugged in. But obviously way different PU. The fact that it's new also makes it feel bigger as the frets are high and perfect etc. But it's doable. It's the kind of neck you pickup and get excited that it's too big not depressed. And then 10 minutes later your laughing.

I think they told me it's their version of the 59. I'll speak with them Monday and let you know.

I know on the old ones there was a yellow sticker on the pick guards that said lacquer top...but that meant top coat, on the entire guitar not just the top...don`t get to see the new stuff so I don`t know what they`re doing now.

I can find out everything. Let me be your Bacchus liaison. I'll be the official English speaking Bacchus spokesperson. They need one. Bad. LOL

I can get my Japanese wife to contact them if need be...but I haven`t really been interested in buying more guitars for some time now, guess I`m happy with what I`ve got.

sneakyjapan said:
I know on the old ones there was a yellow sticker on the pick guards that said lacquer top...but that meant top coat, on the entire guitar not just the top...don`t get to see the new stuff so I don`t know what they`re doing now.

AFAIK that's exactly right - all the top level Bacchus guitars are either oil finished or lacquer top coat. The lower ranges are poly finished.

I have been getting my info from the Bacchus dealer here in Melbourne, and I don't have any reason to disbelieve them.
They also said that Bacchus try to keep the finishes quite thin on the Dukes which is a good thing IMO.

Well clearly people know WAY more about these guitars than I do since I only first heard of them 3 years ago or so. I was just trying to be nice. :>) I'm still learning though as we email back and forth once a day. I like this Classic more everyday. :>) I will try the Graph tech aluminum bridge with the tusq saddles and the Aluminum tail piece when the strings die. But since they are coated they aren't dieing. They ship with elixers which I'm really digging. They have improved them a lot since they first came out with them.

when I got my Bacchus Muddy tele I contacted the company and got a reply which I printed and still have in the pocket of the guitar case, next time I have it out I`ll look for the guy`s name I used to communicate with over there...I had heard it was a limited run and wanted to know if it was true...they told me it was. For a while they answered everything I sent, then, they just stopped and I haven`t tried again for a long time `cause I haven`t bought any more Bacchus guitars. For a while there I was buying a lot, still have about a dozen of em...two are dark brown oil finishes...both tele types, one a double bucker semi hollow and the other a double bound body with an ebony fretboard and the magnets in the bridge p`up look like Duncan 1/4 pounders...bigger than average magnets...both real nice guitars, actually I am very happy with all my Bacchus guitars, never bought a Bacchus LP type...got a single P-90 junior though...I was this close to buying one of their high end LP types years ago during the local LAOX closing but ended getting a Bacchus/Fralin tele instead which turned out to be a monster guitar...a real beauty. There was a time when they were loading high ends with Fralin p`ups and maybe they used other brands too, not sure.
I know about the yellow stickers because I still have them, when I pulled the plastic off the pick guards I put it in the pockets of the cases, kept all the warranty cards too, and the little packs of Allen wrenches they came with along with any hang tags that may have been on the guitars.

sneakyjapan said:
...I know about the yellow stickers because I still have them, when I pulled the plastic off the pick guards I put it in the pockets of the cases, kept all the warranty cards too, and the little packs of Allen wrenches they came with along with any hang tags that may have been on the guitars.

I got a yellow sticker on my 2009 Duke and yes, I kept it as well!

Mitch Malloy said:
I know these aren't great pictures but they are the best I have right now. For some reason it comes out looking like Cherry sunburst on pictures granted it is closer to cherry than any HB I've ever seen but it really isn't Cherry.

IMGP3909.jpg

Mitch, that is a nice looking guitar. It looks similar to my Live Road LP on the right here:

Compared to the Classic series the neck is slightly smaller on the Live Road but it is thicker than a typical Greco.

I am glad to hear you are playing it a lot. Both my Bacchus LPs have a lot of resonance and sustain and are hard to put down once you start playing.

They made some changes from the Live Road series but not all were downgrades. Does yours have CTS pots and PIO caps in the control cavity?

Thanks I dont know I'll ask. But yours is beautiful. Really nice looks old. Mine is still spankin new even still as the smell but I'm putting some elbow grease in it. I'm playing it right now. I can't stop. My friend Keith Howland lead guitar player in Chicago was here in my studio today writing a song for my new record and he was lovin it. He's a Strat guy. He owns one Les paul with P90's he's single coils all the way. Great player. But he loved the Bucchus he was surprised. I'm going to start selling my guitars. I'm going to get my new Custom Duke in a few months when they finish it. I will eventually get a strat and tele from them. And I'm wondering what the Headway acoustics are like. I would like to support a co that takes so much pride in their work and makes such great guitars. It's good to know that the Live Road doesn't have this big of a neck cause after getting used to this I'm afraid anything else just won't measure up. All my other guitars now feel puny. Thanks for sharing. Nice guitar.

Just pulled the trigger on this one:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/str-garage/blpstdfm-362/

(top picture and the three at the bottom of the link)

You got this ugly one? :wink:

img57671661.jpg

That is another amazing unique top. I like the way the growth rings are not straight like on some flametops. I am sure you will love it. Mine is SN# -365 so probably made by the same people at the same time.

Marcus mate you are NOT helping my guitar addiction! My god that colour and top are so nice it's wrong. I DEMAND that when you get it you post a full hi-res picture for me to drool over! Stunning.... :eek: [/quote]

wulfman said:
You got this ugly one? :wink:

img57671661.jpg

That is another amazing unique top. I like the way the growth rings are not straight like on some flametops. I am sure you will love it. Mine is SN# -365 so probably made by the same people at the same time.

I did! Pretty ugly, isn't it? I wanted 365 because it was still available on their site (didnt know that was yours!!)

362 was on hold but that buyer did not decide to go with it so I got it. Can't wait to get my hands on it..... photos and review will follow

Latest posts

Back