anyone else removed the circuit board from their Love Rock?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bolero

Reaction score
hey, I am about to remove the circuit board from my Love Rock, wondering if anyone else has done this? any issues?

thx!

Are there issues with it? If I had pot issues, I would certainly just replace the board with pots and caps.

I left the pc board in my 1981, and just replaced the metal caps on the board with some old Vitamin Q's that I had. Extremely good sound, tone roll-off. So, I just left mine alone.

There's no magic to pulling and replacing it. I suppose you might want to shield the cavity if you pull out the board.

I did that because I changed pots, caps, pickups and did different wiring. I left board in original state if I would like to change it back.

Diodibuh said:
I did that because I changed pots, caps, pickups and did different wiring. I left board in original state if I would like to change it back.

I did the exact same thing :D

Just dont but CTS pots, they are too big and you will need to slightly enlarge the holes in the body, there's been quite a lot of previous discussion on this. But 'Alpha' pots instead!

I replaced my board on my LS80 Goldtop as one of the pots went funny after only 27 years, quality's not what it used to be!! :wink:

I want to switch to "vintage" style wiring, but don't want to cut any traces in the board...I'll just keep it on hand in case I ever sell this thing

thx!

that's exactly what I wanted - I changed wiring to vintage style.

JohnA: this is disaster, definitelly you need to contact Tokai, I think pot should be still in warranty ;)
I put CTS and need to enlarge holes, but you can do that with some bigger screwdriver, it's not such big deal, less then 1mm. I bought also Alpha but seller send me wrong pots (too short). That's why I put CTS.

It's no big deal enlarging the holes, a bit of sand paper wrapped round a pen will do the trick, but Alpha's fit straight in, are just as good quality, and I find CTS pots too stiff, especially whaen they are new.

Latest posts

Back