a little help guys... epsecially hans jurgen i sure its him.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveRocksRule

Reaction score
right guys i was thinking about taking the brige cover off my bridge humbucker like jimmy page has on his #1 but what i frst wanted to know was is this possible with te p/ups i have... i tested them with my volt meter and the bridge one comes in 11.5OHMs so i am presumming that these are the new Keiyo p/ups and not Gotoh..... my axe is an 2004 model LS85Q....

has anyone else removed the covers and is it possible or are they totally covered with wax in there so u just have to keep the covers on???

any help is appreciated ...

thanx in advance

Dave

P.S. if u did succed what color are the bobbins????

LoveRocksRule said:
has anyone else removed the covers and is it possible or are they totally covered with wax in there so u just have to keep the covers on???
P.S. if u did succed what color are the bobbins????
It should be possible without major problems, because they didn't seem to be full of wax like some older Seymour Duncans. At least I would guess that from their base plates. You can check the color of the bobbins before actually soldering off the covers by looking through the empty screw holes on the base plate.

i took the cover of from a 2004 and the bobbins are covered in wax, practacly impossible to remove the wax, just a tip here when removing the cover, use a stanly blade to VERY CAREFULLY cut thru the solder on the cover, much easier than trying to de-solder

Latest posts

Back