3980$ for a LS320VF ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
villager said:
If I had another one in it would be priced at ?1750

..AFTER shipping and taxes......

Mark, I could take this price both ways; could you explain?

Is that 1750 pound sterling total, or 1750 pound sterling plus shipping costs & any potential duty for the buyer?

At current conversion rates (just checked) 1750 GBP is equal to $3470 USD.

Oh, and one more thing; is there any particular years of production for the LS-320 that are better or worse, or are they all pretty much created equal?

Thanks.........

looks like I'm gonna be a daddy :lol: ..................... the deal is done................. :eek: ..........................

koizpak1.jpg

Hi there!

Looks (sorry, sounds) like a VERY good reason to keep my good old 2000 LS320.

If I am not mistaken they current market-value is about Yen 450K without case, transport and tax.

Here's an old link.
http://www1.odn.ne.jp/tokaigakki/products/premium/ls/ls380/ls380s.html

Cheers! Rup

Forgot to mention that I've been stupid enough to sell a 2004 LS320 on ebay for some ? 2100.--.

But at least she found a good home.

Rup, the LS-320 I purchased, and that is currently in transit, is also a 2000 model

How would you compare your 2000 model to the 2004 that you sold; any real differences, build quality, playability, pickups, anything really?

Are there any particular years that you feel are 'better' than others for LS-320s?

From what I have read, I haven't really seen anything 'bad' about any of them; hope that portends well for we

villager said:
hi rich
excluding shipping, and I dont think there were any bad years..

Mark, thanks for that :)

the 1750 pound level would be ~$3470 USD at current rates

add on shipping costs of $130, as listed in the original Koiz eBay listing, and that would bring it to $3600 USD, with shipping cost included; great :wink:

Since the LS-320 series started in 1997 & considering the one I purchased is a 2000, hopefully they had a little time from '97 to '00 to 'get it right', if they really needed to

I suppose I will find out at the end of the week, when it arrives from Japan

....fingers crossed..................

remember rich our european prices allow for 20% import duty..

I think that was a bit high from Japan...

but i think its a great guitar and you will like it a lot...

heh so maybe the greco will become too heavy for you now...?

:) :roll: :evil:

villager said:
remember rich our european prices allow for 20% import duty..

I think that was a bit high from Japan...

but i think its a great guitar and you will like it a lot...

heh so maybe the greco will become too heavy for you now...?

:) :roll: :evil:

I don't particularlly disagree with you on the price point

I did some cram research on the LS-320s, and also as I have stated here before, that I have paid more than some are willing to pay, for a guitar that I really want to get my mitts on

I considered everything that I could read/find on these; price, availability (which seems to be fairly limited), owner's comments (which have all been basically stellar), and there's the intangibles to also consider

I will be QUITE nervous all week long this week, until I have it in my hands, and can make some evaluations but I really hope you're right & that I love it

The Greco...........
I've been warming up to the 1980 Greco EGF-1000 Super Real
things I like: resonates like mad & sounds like a true Lester should, condition is incredible & original Super Real case :D
things I don't care for: DiMarzios, extra weight, head stock 'line' question :-?

Only time will tell if she's a true blue keeper, which is completely subjective as we all know

currypowder said:
I, for one, am excited for you. I hope your experience is the same as mine and this becomes your #1. We expect a full report when you get it.

The LS-320 was released from Chicago O'Hare US Customs on Wednesday, March 26, at 6:34 AM.

It should have been here, today/this morning, in Saint Paul, MN 55101, and then delievered later today.

Well guess what I just found out?
Instead of being where it SHOULD have been in Saint Paul this morning, it was scanned in Seattle, WA, 98158 at 6:41 AM :roll:

Needless to say, I am ready to piss bullets :evil: ...............................

Missent SEATTLE WA 98158 03/27/08 6:41am

Inbound Out of Customs UNITED STATES 03/26/08 6:34am

Inbound Into Customs UNITED STATES 03/26/08 1:24am

Inbound International Arrival ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) 03/26/08
1:23am
Inbound International

Foreign International Dispatch JAPAN 03/25/08
9:52am
Foreign International

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment JAPAN
03/25/08 3:30am
Origin Post is

Foreign Acceptance JAPAN 03/23/08 5:04pm

MIJvintage said:
I was wondering if we have any TF members in the Seattle area that have really good connections with the Postal Service :-? ............

You want to hope not!!

Hi Mij-vintage! Hope you got her by now.

The delta between the 2000 LS320 and the 2004 is weight only. The 05 has 3200, the 00 3000. The 00 also does not have the guard-holes.

Ochay calls both "clown burst", but that's probably cause I am not got with cameras.

Cheesr! Rup

I did some testing with an austrian pro last tuesday. He came with a really good Gibson LP Standard he picked in NYC. He is f**g good. His Standard is one of the best I saw in years. She has the 490s.

He tried all of my Tokais and went back to Vienna with the TE120 I got from Mark some time ago. Today I sent him 2 DiMs from my 1979 LS80.

Let's see if his Gibbo only needs the old DiMs.

Rup

rgrafend said:
Hi Mij-vintage! Hope you got her by now.

The delta between the 2000 LS320 and the 2004 is weight only. The 05 has 3200, the 00 3000. The 00 also does not have the guard-holes.

Ochay calls both "clown burst", but that's probably cause I am not got with cameras.

Cheesr! Rup

Yes, arrived Friday, March 28.
Please see here: http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=10573

Latest posts

Back