2001 Tokai LS200 for cheap!!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paradoxo

Reaction score
lol :lol:
http://cgi.ebay.com/01-TOKAI-Japan-Love-Rock-LP-2P-Flametop-Nitro-LS200_W0QQitemZ7390340884QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Well he changed the price and somebody got it for $1500.00 dollars with BUY IT NOW... It was probably the one person that wrote the seller about what we presumed was a typo that motivated the seller to update the ad, and then that person pulled the trigger.

Nice deal for $1500.00

Big

Yeah that was me-I'm pretty **** stoked about this!!! Anybody want to buy my LS-85Q in violin burst???

Congrats Joe, you bought some nice Love Rock cheapos lately, didn't you? :) I'm not sure if the "Honduras mahogany" part of the auction is correct for a 2001 LS200 though, would have to check that catalog first. And I thought it would have fret edge binding, too. Anyhow, very pretty and a very good price, too:

9b_3.JPG

Hey Joe.... let me know if you're serious about selling your LS 85Q! Congrats on a beautiful LS200 8)

Thanks!
Chuck

hans-j?rgen said:
Congrats Joe, you bought some nice Love Rock cheapos lately, didn't you? :) I'm not sure if the "Honduras mahogany" part of the auction is correct for a 2001 LS200 though, would have to check that catalog first. And I thought it would have fret edge binding, too. Anyhow, very pretty and a very good price, too:

9b_3.JPG

Well cheapos in price yeah, not quality. I basically got that special LS450CS for a steal though.

I think the LS-320 is the only one with fret edge binding. Let me know if you find out about the honduras mahagony thing.

buckwild said:
I think the LS-320 is the only one with fret edge binding. Let me know if you find out about the honduras mahagony thing.
Fret edge binding might be available on some of the new high end models, too, but as usual it's not mentioned in the catalog. The LS200 was an "outsider" anyhow because of its ebony fretboard, its successor LS230 has rosewood again.

The 2000 catalog on the main site does not mention Honduras mahogany for the body or neck for the LS200, so in Tokai terms this usually means it's not. Neither does the 2003 or 1999 catalog for the LS200 or LS220, always for the LS320 only which was available since 1997.

Hey everybody. Just got the guitar tonight. First impression of the top was one of jaw drop delight. What a stunner looks wise. Plugged it in I was very impressed with the low and fast action. It's set up perfectly. The ebony fretboard is super nice and adds some nice brightness to notes. One flaw is that the third and second fret have a small gap on the high E side. Causeing the string to get caught underneath. This really doesn't bother me as I bend up when playing. Tone wise it's very good. It's not amazing but my standards for tone have become elavated since I've been playing Les Paul's with Tom Holmes pickups and Historic Burstbuckers. I ordered a premium historic kit from RS guitar works and I am going to upgrade the pickups with WCR darkbursts. This guitar is definately a keeper and I will be interested to see how the LS320 that is coming stacks up to this beauty. More pics when the sun comes out here.

Could you perhaps record some samples before and after the pickup change? And did you also buy that Gibson Historic in the meantime that you were talking about either here or at the LPF?

hans-j?rgen said:
Could you perhaps record some samples before and after the pickup change? And did you also buy that Gibson Historic in the meantime that you were talking about either here or at the LPF?

That would be a great idea but I have no way of recording the guitar and posting to the internet. I ended up not buying a historic Gibson instead I got this LS200 and a LS320 on the way. Two guitars for the same price of a new historic. I'll give an in hand review of how the tone changes after the pickup swap.

Buckwild,if you like the LS200, just let me know what you think when LS320 arrived :wink: I'm willing to read your review :p .I've never tried a Historic '59 but I did a R7 and a R6(goldtops),very good guitars but I hate the way frets are putting on fretboard,I had the same feelings when tried a 335 reissue......

Latest posts

Back