1983 Goldstar parts

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntgl

Reaction score
I've got a 1983 Goldstar Sound that I am thinking of dismantling. I've been trying to sell the guitar, but it hasn't attracted much interest even though it's in very good, original condition. I'm thinking of turning it into something that I will use, and this will mean that I will be looking to sell the neck (maple, recently refretted), the pickups, and maybe the tremolo (minus the arm). Is there much demand for Tokai parts separately, or am I likely to just get peanuts in return?

By the way, I am based in Europe (France and UK).

Cheers all ;-)
Gary.

You can usually sell all Tokai parts on ebay but not sure if you would get the same or more / less than total value of guitar (see other threads for going rates).

My personal opinion is that these guitars are best kept together and any upgrade you feel are required are personal taste. Normally advise people to keep the original parts to maintain resale value but in these tight times you may need to sell to fund replacement parts.

I try to buy parts to rebuild tokais as near as possible to original but have ended up with Fendais and Tokers (with Squier parts included).

Why not post a picture and try to sell it to a forum member in ebay and for sale section?

Back