• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1982 Greco EG59-70 SOLD!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freebird

Reaction score
$950.00 USD PayPal gift.

Selling my very rare and very clean solid top 1982 Greco EG59-70. I bought this from a forum member a while back. I have another guitar purchase in the works, so I need to make room. The previous owner of this guitar decided to keep the Double Trick pickups. I happened to have an Ibanez (Maxon) Super 58 that I put in the bridge, and an unmarked Ibanez Super 70 that's in the neck position. The pickup covers are from a 1983 Greco EG59-50 that had an original pair of Screamin' humbuckers.

The guitar is professionally setup and plays great. Weighs in right at 9 lbs using commercial grade scale at my local UPS store. Features a very thin poly finish (there are two nicks in the finish that you can see in the pics that show the thinness of the poly - one at the top of the headstock and one below the control cavity on the back). Aside from these two nicks, this is one of the cleanest Greco's you will find. One piece neck (no heel cap) with fret edge binding. Two piece off-center seam back. I tried to take pics in various lighting to show the interesting patterns in the wood grain on the top that include some birdseye as well as flatsawn grain. This is not a veneer. The fretboard is very attractive and the frets are in great shape.

Comes with a non-original hard case in very good condition. Asking $1100.00 USD. I would like to avoid eBay and give it a good home to an appreciative forum member. Shipping quotes upon request.

https://picasaweb.google.com/krfrieh/1982GrecoEG5970#

Latest posts

Back