1982-83 Springy Sound Decal change....

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ST50 was a workhorse. The U pickups were slightly hotter than the E pickups found in the ST60 (roughly 1979-1983).

By 1983 TST80 had DiMarzio VS-1 instead of the Es which they had for years before that.

Then everything changed again by the end of 1983 with the V (Vintage) and VII (Vintage MKII) marked pickups.

ST50 was a workhorse. The U pickups were slightly hotter than the E pickups found in the ST60 (roughly 1979-1983).

By 1983 TST80 had DiMarzio VS-1 instead of the Es which they had for years before that.

Then everything changed again by the end of 1983 with the V (Vintage) and VII (Vintage MKII) marked pickups.
There you go! I was always of the belief that the E's were the hotter p/ups!
Thanks....

That changes thingsā€¦

The 1 is actually an 11.

That also fits, but means it was made in November of 1982.

Very cool early block logo!

As an interesting note... here is a guitar that was a block logo guitar and had its decal changed to the script logo. The serial number is not that long after yours.

82/83 ST100

I've also got a Block logo from November 82 which is also 11=12 but my colour code is N, which should be natural however mine was refinished in candy apple red nitro long before I got it. Funnily enough my wife is also Nov 1982 and also my old Land Rover is too!

Last edited:
Back