1981 Greco Spacey Sound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes ,,, you are right there ,,,, the used the 70 fender routing on greco before 79 ,,,,, and 54/63 on later greco
but i still think they look so alike ,,,,,, that matsumuko was the builder

if you look at the other brands ,,,, burny Fernandes tokai ,,,, they all have there difference routing ,,, they are Easy to tell apart ,,,,,,
and i got a matsumuko to compare to greco ,,,,, and they have the same fell to them ... maybe matsumuko did surply body and neck to greco and the just put them together at fujigen ,,,,,,
i hope some one else know more so we can find out for sure ,,,,
all the best

OK. Here is the 1977, H773888 (08/1977).

Has non original tuners and an after market pg and p'ups, but the body is there to see.

Probably wanted to change the EXCELs then realized the holes are not the standard Fender size on these guitars so changed the pg. Pretty common mod.

And a white 1976 Ibanez Silver Series with added mini switches and a hatchet job to the control compartment but you can see the original routes. :eek:

Just got it! muccax, you were right, it's a 3 piece body.

Oh well, nice gigging guitar.

I am guessing it's an SE600 then?

Thanks Len. Were there any Grecos with the large headstocks in 1981?

Hey,
yeah - look at the catalogs 1980 vol 12 or 1981 vol 13

http://brochures.yokochou.com/#GRECO

SE 700 (Super Real) and SE 450 (Spacey Sound) have the large headstock

Thanks Len! This is my first 1980s Greco strat ( I have a 1978 and 1979).

Next stop Tokai ST. I still have not played one ( I am in the U.S.).

By the way I LOVE THIS GUITAR. I just plugged it in and it's another great Greco.

Thanks!

80s SE-500s are great 8)

you can further enhance the tone by replacing the zinc tremolo block with a steel one (2 7/32" vintage spec) , all other hardware parts are very well made!

Latest posts

Back