does the Gotoh Mk2 Pickups have anything stamped on the back

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveRocksRule

Reaction score
k guys and girls..

i want to know if the gotoh mk2 vintage pickups have anything stamped on the bottom of them??

i need to know because this is supposed to be the pickups that my Love Rock LS85Q 2004 model has installed, but i have had the pickups out and there is nothing at all on the bottom of them... i thought the gotohs had "Gotoh MK2" stamped on the underside???

thanks in advance

Dave

The new ones from Keiyo (not Gotoh) which I tested recently had no stamps or stickers either. The resistance of the bridge humbucker is ~11.5 kOhm, that's how you can identify them.

The one's out of my '99 LS-70 had "Gotoh - made in Japan" stamped on the underside of the baseplate & nothing else.

At least the MkI's have the "Patent Applied For" & Goto on there.

They must have any kind of big white sticker saying LP-F on the back....Lift one of them and check for it.These are MKIII....(B= bridge=rear).

i have had 4 new loverocks over the last 4 years and the only one that had the stickers on that luis mentions was a 2003 ls70f
my 2004hdc quilttop had unmarked mk11 and 2x 2002 flame and plain tops no marks either. btw all pickups were waxed also as it happens i changed all the unmarked ones for duncans and to me the marked ones on the 2003 flame souded the best of them all even the duncans, but thats me :lol:

i just wanted to know because when i last restrung my guitar i whipped them out just out of curiosity as u do.. and there was no marking on neither pickup??

my guitar is a 2004 LS85Q.. and the pickups sound great, they really suit my style of playing, but i just thought it was odd that they had no markings that was all... but now i see that its not just my guitar that has this so it must be normal...

thanks for clearing that up for me guys..

Dave

Latest posts

Back