How about this TST50A GS Goldstar...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamond

Reaction score
Beyond doubt the most amazing looking and playing Strat I've ever owned.

Unfortunately my Blackberry photos dont do it the justice it deserves....I cant properly capture the swamp ash grain in the photos, the grain is insane.

It sounds great and plays like a dream.
I'd imagine it's a 57RI.
Single ply scratchplate, one piece maple neck/fretboard.
7,25" radius, vintage frets.

ast50ashfrontbody.jpg
ast50ashbodyfront.jpg

ast50ashback.jpg

headstock1.jpg

2 piece ash body? It must be a higher model than an ST50, surely? And what is that writing on the back of the neck?

Mike

Mike

Made in Japan on the back of the neck.
3 piece Ash body.

Keep in mind this is a brand new guitar.

The new Goldstars have similar writing on the necks to the MIJ Fenders?

Yup, looks exactly like the "Made in Japan" writing on MIJ and CIJ Fenders...in fact identical. :)

Some better photos.

imgp0185p.jpg

imgp0183.jpg

imgp0184w.jpg

settebello said:
If that is the headstock of a new Goldstar,the Fenderdeal must be over. :eek:

Volker

Good point.

Well at least it should make the new Goldies easy to identify in years to come. What's the situation with serial numbers on the new ones? Do they indicate date in any way?

No no no...:)

This is not the new headstock for the Goldstars, it's the old one...the new one is what you see on the AST and ATE models in the 2010 catalogue.
This one is a left over that I managed to score...

i found out when I was tying to see if they sold hardcases individually a couple of weeks ago. I was going to stick it on the site but then I thought I'd get a mocking for not allready knowing.

Ah well - You heard it hear first folks. Bring on the law suits ( there must be a slight difference?!)

JJMcG said:
Ah well - You heard it hear first folks. Bring on the law suits ( there must be a slight difference?!)

There is.....on the headstock, one says F****r, the other says Tokai :) :) :)

stratman323 said:
Any pics of a blonde one with rosewood board? :p

I got this one with a Maple neck, in my guitar techs hands...he was speechless. :)
You're going to have to learn to love Maple necks, especially on this guitar.
It took me a while to get used to Maple, but now I'm addicted.

copyofimg00209201002181.jpg

No, I meant a Strat in white blonde, not that nasty butterscotch blonde! I can't get on with maple at all, & I won't be trying (again!). Why would I want to when there is this wonderful stuff called rosewood to improve my guitars?

Also, (IMHO) the best thing Fender did to the Tele (visually) was to put a white SP on it in '57. That black guard looks horrible - I never could stand the look of those.

I guess this is where I duck? :lol:

Latest posts

Back