Exposed love rock pickups from 1985 question?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojo hobo

Reaction score
HELLO,
Just a quick question that you tokai experts can help me with :lol:
I have been looking at love rock specs for the LS50 from 1985,going by the tokai registry catalogues and previous posts,I am right in saying that an LS 50 from 1985 would have exposed tokai MAR PAFS ,three piece top/no fret binding.
Is this correct,also the ls60 model from 85 had covered pups not exposed bobbins,2-piece top,,what back body did these models have one piece or two,also where the LS60 always flamed.
Or did all the ls range have exposed pups in 1985 :-?
tokai_85-86_electric_p6.jpg

tokai_85-86_electric_p7.jpg

Hope you can clarify these simple questions.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

MOJO HOBO

FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE OR A FOOL?

Can't clarify that myself, but I can throw in a few more questions that I'm intrigued by.

It's very difficult to tell from the scans, but it looks as if there are two different headstock patterns here: one without any sort of notch into the curve along the top of the headstock, and one with the pimple. Is there a transition going on, right in front of our eyes, or is it price related?

All of these have 14? headstocks. Is that standard for American export models?

How similar, generally speaking, are the domestic and export specs?

yeah bluethird,Think the headstock with the pimple was an export model that went on sale in the usa.not too sure ,i am sure someone will explain the differences and why! Most probadly done not to offend and P***OFF gibson :lol:

The reason i ask is that i have just brought a 1985 love rock,it has 50 sticker on the rear of the headstock under the serial no as it should be,but it has nickel plated covers on the pickups,so either the pups have been changed or it is a ls60.
The guitar is in japan at the moment,i will not get it for a week or two, :cry:
Heres is the sellers photo!
pywdh319-img600x522-1255085088srs07.jpg

The serial no starts 503,but not sure, it might be a 303.Seven digits in SER NO

MOJO HOBO

FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE OR A FOOL?

http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/tokai8514.jpg
if its from japan would it probably be a Tls not a Als?
in the other 85 Catalog it says 57 vintage mkII

oh god-****!
Forgot about the other 85 catalogue on the registry,thanks a lot,will have another look billysamboy1.
Cheers again :lol:

MOJO HOBO

Latest posts

Back