Yike!!!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

telenut62

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150414171657

....a Friday model if ever I saw one :-?

Thats a real shame about that top,think the tokai quality control dept clocked off early that friday!
A 1982 model as well,bet it is a great guitar,I have seen a few love rocks with mismatched 3-piece tops like that ,in that horrible clown burst type finish!Even seen a few higher ls models as bad!

Heres one for sale now on a japanese website?

238278173_1.jpg

A 1980 ls50 :wink: That center block missing kills the sustain though,I would not bother!

MOJO HOBO

That has to be mistake, or an error in translation. Doesn't it?

Once purchased a D28 Martin, site unseen, which looked about like that top, sent it straight back to the store for refund. The guitar sounded good just looked terrible with unmatched bookends.

Maybe should have been an ebony or some sort of solid color, and even then those so obvious seams might bleed through if not properly primed and sealed.

MIJvintage said:
........ and who would want a three piece top on a Les Paul :lol: ................. Slash doesn't count :lol: :p ................

me
lsskupna.jpg

the funniest thing is that LS50 is the best sounding tokai les paul I have / had /heard ;)
who cares about 3 pieces top

Maybe I am crazy, but I actually prefer the look of a 3 piece top over that of a 2-piece. I grew up looking at Slash's 87 LP 8)

Having said that, I don't understand why Tokai often makes ugly 3-piece tops like this one :roll:
img56582178.jpg

I guess like all manufacturers,they build to cost points,so like the rest the lower models will have the cheaper build options.Thats not to say that Tokai`s lower end models are not any different to other makers,they are !!!

I don't have a problem with a 3 piece top either - there are other things to consider before the top (weight, frets, neck electronics etc).

Latest posts

Back