Yamaha FG Red Label Acoustics

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mertzy

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get information on the Red Label Yamaha FG series guitars ~ 1960's?

What are the differences between the different models? FG-110, FG-140, FG-150, etc.

Some that I've seen look to have Braz Boards, anyone know?

Thanks,

Yeah I own a LOT of old Yamahas, going back to well before the FG`s came into production in 1966, finding reliable info on them has been very difficult. The Japan Vintage series of books has been very helpful but they`re in Japanese and I get my wife to translate bits and pieces for me but they have an extensive interview with Mr. Ueda who says he was transferred from the motor division to get Yamahas first acoustic factory built in 1966. Lots of stuff around the web but not much seems to come from the company so hard to tell how much is true and how much conjecture. But that book has a lot of photos with a history of many models...don`t know if they`ve listed them all...there may have been more books in the past but that series is the best I have seen.

Latest posts

Back