Which Super Edition is mine please?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cragel

Reaction score
Hi ive had the guitar for about 10 years. Its a super edition with the number 50 on the back of the neck and a 6 digit number on the back plate. Unfortunatly I dont know which model it is. Im going to sell it but need to know what one it is.

All your help is appreciated

DSCN0860.jpg

Hi, I have been using the prefix LE for limited edition in line with ST for stratocaster copies so I would suggest yours is an SE50. I would also guess the colour is Snow white which you can confirm from taking the scratch plate off and your will find a code usually in the pot route with SW on it.

Hope this helps,

Iain

I agree with Iain re the model and codes. A few pics of my Limited Edition LE 36 model below which has vintage trem and 3 controls.
Cavity shows the SW colour code: Snow White. Serial 111781.
Pete

DSCN0589.jpg

DSCN0355.jpg

Oooh. Nice white Ltd, Lifeline! It matches my all-black one. Let me know if you ever want to sell that one. Not sure if I'm as keen on the non-vintage trem versions.

Thank you Chipps, I really like this one so it might be some time before I sell. I remember your black version with the cool strap, would like to know the date code of yours which I reckon could be 4=8. In addition to my Goldstars, I also like Limited and Super Editions with vintage trem and am lucky to own a few. Glad to see you and me are flying the HSS/HH flag! Here's a pic of the headstock of my white one.
DSCN0598.jpg

I also love matching headstock guitars!

I'm actually just about to get some work done on mine, seeing as it's been altered a bit in the past, so I'm planning a five way switch, Big Apple Strat style, plus some new pearl tuners, a chunky refret and possibly a 9pm re-radius. It's currently my best player Strat and I'm hoping this'll all make it even better.

You're definitely a player Chipps! We are probably in the minority but I do hold the same view re: improving playability and versatility.I have a Goldstar amended in 86 to HSS, big frets, re radius that plays and sounds killer. Kept the Deluxe tuners which work well for me. It took Fender at least a decade to catch up with players requirements for 9.5 radius, which they now offer in their Custom shop range.

Cragel, when you sell your guitar it would be good idea to take a picture of the control cavity that Iain mentioned, that shows the colour and despatch code. Also mention the Serial no. Being a painted neck model there is no code on the neck end (it's just white) so don't bother removing the neck. Good luck!

I wonder what a 9pm radius is :)
9.5in, that is. I had it done to one of my Jap Steats and it really helped. Can't (and probably daren't anyway) do it to my Springy as it's a lam board.

I'm still trying to find a vintage style Strat with an H/S, not H/S/S layout. Are there any out there?

Sorry for the thread hijack!

Back