Which pickguard for Tokai Love rock (LC) ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsolight

Reaction score
Hi

i'm looking to replace my black pick guard with a cream/white one, i was wondering if it is ok to get one of those from Gibson will match the size and fit on it properly?

thanks

Gibson has moved the position of the bridge pickup reicently because it was not in the exact position where it used to be in the 50s and some complained about that. This means the cutouts on gibson pickguards may vary as well. it's best to meassure the distance between the two pickup rings and compare that with the specs of the supplier. If the exact meassurements aren't available stay clear and try to find one at a local sture (LP pickguards shouldn't be too hard to find). You can make a cardboard template and take that to the shop to compare the cutouts ... just a thought.

ok, i have solved the pickguard problem

i just exchanged the original black one for a white one from the store where i have purchased the guitar, also i added some more customizing by replacing the knobs with "vintage style" ones, the rythm/treble ring and the pickup guards.. all were original parts from "Gobson" :D

here is the "before / after" pic:

tokaiyc9.jpg

PS: oh yea; and have replaced the original Grover-like tuners with the Gobson Deluxe set

Back