• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Vintage 1981 Tokai Springy Sound ST-50 for sale in the EU

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christones

Reaction score
Hey folks,

up for sale is my dead mint Vintage Tokai Springy Sound, seriel number 12429 in a nicely faded white (to cream). Right now ist has Fender saddles, the original Final Prosepect saddles are coming with it, original steel trem. It does have Lindy Fralin Vintage Hot build in, the orginal U-stamped pickups are available with it as well. But the Fralins are definatly a big upgrade! The guitar has a professionel refret and plays like butter! Comes with a non original hardcase, I will ship within Europe, paypal is accepted. 750 EUR incl case with the U-pcikups, 925 with the Fralins and the U-stamped pickups. The guitar is located in Germany.
Happy to answer any questions. Thanks for looking.
CT

Tokai_01.jpg

Tokai_02.jpg

Tokai_03.jpg

Tokai_04.jpg

Tokai_05.jpg

Tokai_06.jpg

Tokai_07.jpg

Tokai_08.jpg

I store all my guitars in cases. This Springy got played a lot as it is one of my to go to Strats.
CT

Any idea of the weight of this?
Also what type of frets were used in the refret?

Edit: Also interested in the neck profile/size.

Cheers

Frets have been medium jumbos and those are all good, which makes the guitar pretty easy to play. Well, neck profile is typical ST-50, NOT a V-shape like the ST 80s.

If you want a precise weight, then I have to figure that out, but I guess it is the typical Strat weight, not heavy, not a feather lightweight. Most important is, it feels and sounds really good. It has the "Mojo" so to say.

CT

christones said:
Frets have been medium jumbos and those are all good, which makes the guitar pretty easy to play. Well, neck profile is typical ST-50, NOT a V-shape like the ST 80s.

If you want a precise weight, then I have to figure that out, but I guess it is the typical Strat weight, not heavy, not a feather lightweight. Most important is, it feels and sounds really good. It has the "Mojo" so to say.

CT
Thanks for the info.
Just looking for something not too heavy. Still, deciding to go with a used Tokai (my first "proper" guitar was an early 80s ST model, foolishly sold to fund an awful Elite Strat) or a new Fender.

Latest posts

Back