Tremelo arms

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siamackz

Tokai Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for a tremelo arm for my FVD 80 from the earl 1980s. I was wondering, do these arms match the dimensions of Fender arms? Or are they different?

They will be different to Fender. There are many different thread sizes and just as importantly different sizes of thread pitch. Japanese guitars tend to have metric threads and an arm with a 5mm thread could have 1mm, 0.8 or 0.7mm thread pitch which is the measure of how close the threads are to each other. I know Tokai ST arm size is metric 5mm with an 0.8 pitch and anything else will damage the thread over time. However can't be sure if yours will share the same thread size as the STs. Maybe carefully try one of your ST arms and see how it is - looking at your images it looks like a standard Tokai strat bridge so would have thought they will be the same.

Last edited:
What ATO said, plus togps (Faber) says they are actually 5.5mm? However as long as the pitch is right, 0.5mm less in diameter shouldn't harm. The problem is, almost everyone selling these things fails to state the thread pitch.

Last edited:
I've just measured the one from my block logo ST60 with a digital micrometer, the actual diameter is 4.75 around the thread, the diameter of the un-threaded arm further up is 4.95mm. Pitch 0.8mm measured with a thread gauge.

Odd that Faber say 5.5.

Mine is a perfect fit and came with the guitar - 5mm all day long - if anything it could go to 4.8!

I've just measured the one from my block logo ST60 with a digital micrometer, the actual diameter is 4.75 around the thread, the diameter of the un-threaded arm further up is 4.95mm. Pitch 0.8mm measured with a thread gauge.

Odd that Faber say 5.5.

Mine is a perfect fit and came with the guitar - 5mm all day long - if anything it could go to 4.8!
Very helpful, thanks so much!

Latest posts

Back