Tokai's ugliest headstock?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'Apparent' to whoever placed the ad and wrote the headline: AMPEG GE-150 HEAVY STUD TOKAI MADE JAPAN TELE GUITAR.

And this: THESE WERE ORIGINALLY MADE IN JAPAN AT THE TOKAI FACTORY.

Is it just my imagination, or are there people around here who don't understand qualifiers and question marks?

$899.00 U.S. ????????????? Looks like pancake plywood. I've never played one to be honest but i wouldn't pay $99.00 for that thing myself. Seller has a good song and dance routine himself though !!! As always buyer beware

BlueThird said:
'Apparent' to whoever placed the ad and wrote the headline: AMPEG GE-150 HEAVY STUD TOKAI MADE JAPAN TELE GUITAR.

And this: THESE WERE ORIGINALLY MADE IN JAPAN AT THE TOKAI FACTORY.

Is it just my imagination, or are there people around here who don't understand qualifiers and question marks?

Relax junior, I was being facetious in my comment. :roll:

It's like the 'holy grail' of plywood guitars. None of my plywood guitars have a plywood neck :wink:

My personal belief is that the Ampeg was made in the same factory as the early to mid 70s Greco (Gneco) guitars.

Top loading bridge with two extra screws at the front, 3 saddles, small looking bridge pickup, pancake body - all the same as a 75 Greco Tele I had. The neck on my Tele was a great neck, and it was 3 piece laminated, not like the one on the Ampeg. The neck plate also looks the same size as my old Tele, and if there was a close up of it, the word "Matsumoko" (think that was it) might be there.

Back