Tokai Reborn or LS75F?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tWreCK

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm new to the Tokai thing but I've been keeping my eyes open. I can get a hold of a LS75F for $500 + shipping. Is that a fair price for these? I've seen all the talk about the earlier Toaki Reborn's - are these really better quality wise than the current Love Rocks or is it just a collector thing? What are the differences between all the current models they have - LS50, LS60,LS75, LS85, LS100 & LS200? Is there a spec sheet anywhere where I can read up on them? where's the best place to buy these guitars - online Japanese stores or Ebay or?

I checked there but there's really not much info there regarding specs/differences. Just some old catalog photos which are veruy difficult to read. I wish they had a real web site where all the specifics were laid out - it would make it much easier.

tWreCK,I own a 2001 flamed LS-70F violin finish and I am very happy with it,very good playing and sound.It does the LP work good enough for me.I have never played a Reborn one,sorry.

That's a very nice looking guitar. How does it sound with those pickups? How much did you pay (total w. customs fees, VAT etc)? I'm kinda wondering where the all black and gold top models (w. P90 pickups) have gone? I see them on the 2000 catalog. Can you special order a black or gold top w. any of the models (LS85, LS200, LS320 etc)?

Dunno about the goldtops, maybe he just doesn't have any in stock right now. I'm sure I saw an LS320 goldtop mentioned on that site at some point so they probably do exist.

My 200 cost me ?1300 in total -> (guitar+shipping) + 3.7% duty + 17.5% VAT on top of all that + ?20 clearing fee. Customs in this country are criminal - you pay VAT on shipping and duty tax :evil:

The pickups were very good, but I only had them in for about 2 weeks - Dana (another 200 owner on this board - he has the cherry sunburst one) now owns those pickups! I replaced them with Duncan Alnico II Pros.

There's some post-upgrade shots here:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1916

Latest posts

Back