Tokai lp custom on ebay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pippo

Reaction score
Hi!
what of thoughts of this guitar?
It can be a good transaction?

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190221232983&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009

P.S. Excused my English: I am using a translator!

the seller is very good to deal with and always answers your questions. not bad at all, and the nut looks properly cut. take into consideration: the headstock inlay gives the impression that it's not from japan and the rosewood is very light color. the inlays are not pearl. the frets are good, but you may want to change the pickups to duncans. the price is set to the guitars age and condition.

Yep, it'a ALC48 MIK Tokai.
Plywood body and maple neck.
http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/v1808.jpg
Spend a little more and go for a MIJ Tokai instead

My catalogue (Vol 23, kindly supplied by you, togps) states that the ALS48 has a flamed sycamore laminated top, alder back & maple set neck. They are the specifications that have always been quoted on this site until recently, when one other member stated that the bodies were ply. Where & when did this new information about ply bodies come from?

I sold mine in good faith to a mate and told him it was an alder body for several reasons - the catalogue sent to me by Tokai's main main in Europe said it was alder, and all the posts in this forum described them as alder. So this new claim of ply really worries me. If we can't get reliable information in this forum, where can we get it from?

:( :eek: :evil: :cry:

Mike

Mike,

They are in the '95 and '97 Catalogues.

They have the different headstock shape, and the Catalogue says they were plywood.

There may be some other details to differentiate them but I do not have the Catalogues from those years to be able to tell.

There are better models.

stratman323 said:
My catalogue (Vol 23, kindly supplied by you, togps) states that the ALS48 has a flamed sycamore laminated top,
Read my posting more careful- I do refer on a ALC48 - not on a ALS48

stratman323 said:
.. the catalogue sent to me by Tokai's main main in Europe said it was alder, and all the posts in this forum described them as alder. So this new claim of ply really worries me. If we can't get reliable information in this forum, where can we get it from?

I do refer on my posting on that catalog:

togps said:
Yep, it'a ALC48 MIK Tokai.
Plywood body and maple neck.
http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/v1808.jpg
Spend a little more and go for a MIJ Tokai instead
Hope that helps...

Ah, I beg your pardon! So what does the "C" stand for? Chinese? Canadian market? :eek:

Hi all, as i said before I have the "2000" volume 21 catalogue and i will list all the models with ply bodies,{remember this is only one catalogue so there could be more..!!} ALS 37m, ALS 48 BB, ALS 48 M, ALS 56 V, I also have other catalogues that state Basswood and Agathis as well as Alder for Korean models... :wink: Hope this helps.

Mick

Latest posts

Back