Tokai Gakki 1968 Hummingbird 230s - Fuzz/Pickguard help

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toadman2k24

Reaction score
Hello!

A friend of mine recently found a hummingbird 230s that had been so badly damaged/modified that it was nearly unrecognizable.

He gave it to me to fix up if I wanted, and after some research I realized what the guitar used to be. I don’t have the original electronics, and the original pickguard is gone.

I may not be able to make it look and function exactly like it used to, but I’d love to have the option. So I have two questions:

Anybody have one of these guitars that is close to its original condition? And if so, would you be willing to take a picture of the pickguard from above so that I can get the proper contour?

I know there are millions of photos online of these things and I have tried to use illustrator/cad to trace it but all of the photos are at a slight angle and don’t really give me the right vantage point to get an accurate tracing.

Separately, if anyone has a photo or wiring diagram of the onboard fuzz circuit that would be huge for this project.

Thanks in advance!

Back