ST100 on E-Bay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

settebello

Tokai Supporter
Reaction score
Thomas Blug's Springy for sale.
http://cgi.ebay.de/TOKAI-Springy-Sound-ST-100-mit-Maple-Neck_W0QQitemZ320253687725QQihZ011QQcategoryZ148624QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Volker

Strange, looks like a much plainer body than most ST60s & 80s I've seen. It looks like alder, but I thought ST100s were one piece ash bodies? That's amazingly plain for Sen Ash.

Mike

:-?

And I thought they had gold hardware too? If not, what differentiates an ST100 from an ST80?

Hi Mike,
here is a closer pic from togps.
IMG_0947_Large.jpg

Volker

Quote from seller:

"Although it does not reach the quality of my ?61 Fender Stratocaster it is a real good sounding instrument."

What's he talking about. I bet it sounds every bit as good. And being as his 61 Strat has a rosewood board it's gonna sound different anyway. :roll: :wink:

I just noticed that he says in the advert "The ST-50 and the ST-80 are quite easy to get". Really? :lol:

I still can't see what it is about that guitar that identifies it as an ST100.

stratman323 said:

Well, I was reckoning that would be teased out over the next 6 days.

In its favour: gold trimmings, heavily flamed neck and he bought as an ST-100 from Togps. It looks like a one piece body ... but ... I agree, the case is not proven (yet)

oldflame said:
Quote from seller:

"Although it does not reach the quality of my ?61 Fender Stratocaster it is a real good sounding instrument."

What's he talking about. I bet it sounds every bit as good. And being as his 61 Strat has a rosewood board it's gonna sound different anyway. :roll: :wink:

Has he sold out to Fender :wink:

Dave

bunbury said:
stratman323 said:

Well, I was reckoning that would be teased out over the next 6 days.

In its favour: gold trimmings, heavily flamed neck and he bought as an ST-100 from Togps. It looks like a one piece body ... but ... I agree, the case is not proven (yet)

I never understood the gold trimmings bit. I hate gold hardware. Makes these lovely guitars look overdressed like some small-time mafioso's front room.

Back